Genesis GO127 Issues

Hello all. I picked up a Genesis, like most of you, before finding out they were crappy machines. Now the other day I plugged the machine into too small of an extension cord and it blew the Power Supply box. I ordered a new one and replaced it and now every time the machine turns on it makes this loud ringing noise that sounds like its coming from near the motherboard. The front screen stays blank and there is a little red led light on the motherboard that comes on. I am assuming that the motherboard got fried when the power supply popped but just want to see if anyone has any experience with this. I have a video but wont let me upload. Thank you for any input! 

18A96283-552C-447D-813F-C33C9A8164F3.thumb.jpeg.35243e73aa0b4d9e516eab68ba639a2e.jpeg

if the screen is on, you've got power, the go127 is a great machine, I don't care what others say, I have a few of them and I love them, they will outlast any new machine, although the parts are hard to find, I would recommend eBay, and letgo for used machines and parts, when the red light comes on do you hear a beep? if you hear a beep, the board is probably fine, but they did use a golpher solder when assembling, the board with the red light, has to be removed, remove all parts carefully, and there will be a 6 to 8 pin plug on the left side of the board, the solder is usually gone on that, just resolder it, make sure all connections are good, and you should be back in biz, buying a new board and power supply is too expensive, solder is pennies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 2:00 AM, NYCandyMan said:

if the screen is on, you've got power, the go127 is a great machine, I don't care what others say, I have a few of them and I love them, they will outlast any new machine, although the parts are hard to find, I would recommend eBay, and letgo for used machines and parts, when the red light comes on do you hear a beep? if you hear a beep, the board is probably fine, but they did use a golpher solder when assembling, the board with the red light, has to be removed, remove all parts carefully, and there will be a 6 to 8 pin plug on the left side of the board, the solder is usually gone on that, just resolder it, make sure all connections are good, and you should be back in biz, buying a new board and power supply is too expensive, solder is pennies.

This machine worked perfect until I plugged it into the wrong size extension cord and there was a loud pop. I could tell that the power supply was fried so I replaced that. Now that the new power supply is in I am getting a blank screen and a screaming beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep from the motherboard. There is also a red led light that is on. 

• 4 weeks later...

ok, that sounds normal, remove the board carefully and check if all connections are secure, take each one off 1 by one to narrow down the problem, usually if the board is on and you have a light, youre ok, the display, if it was working before, then you know theres nothing wrong with it. just check the wires, sometimes the solder goes bad and disconnects from the board, causing a loose connection.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:00 AM, NYCandyMan said:

...... the go127 is a great machine, I don't care what others say, I have a few of them and I love them, they will outlast any new machine, although the parts are hard to find,......

Really?  We've got one that came with the route.  It hasn't been my favorite machine due to its quirks, although it has not given me any issues per say.  just the typical motor rehome every now and again, and I had to put a new keypad on it.....

jtvendingllc.  My background in electronics leads me to believe you've got a wire crossed someplace on one of the output from the power supply.  Or else the replacement is bad or incompatible with your machine.

Wish I had a schematic for this machine for you.  Then you would know after a few simple checks with a multimeter.  I think I have a pdf of the owners manual for this machine.  I'll check if the schematic is included.

Maybe pop open your old powersupply and see if there are any fuses that can be changed.

• Like 1