oak 50 cent coin mechs

Kalleberg

I believe that there are a number of different 50 cent coin mechs that will work in an Oak Vista/300/450 1" machine.  An older Oak style with one top slot but 2 spots in the carrier requiring a small handle twist to insert the coin, a newer style with 2 obvious top slots, an Eagle (are they back/front type slots?) and one by A&A for the PO89 ?  Is any one better than the others or a better value? and will "Big Oak" 50 cent mechs work on the smaller Vista type machines?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Kalleberg said:

An older Oak style with one top slot but 2 spots in the carrier requiring a small handle twist to insert the coin

I have one of these, not using it yet... have a feeling people wont understand how to use it properly

a newer style with 2 obvious top slots

Easy to use, my preferred style

Is any one better than the others or a better value? and will "Big Oak" 50 cent mechs work on the smaller Vista type machines?

If you can get them used, that will be your best value.  Eagle is the only one that makes new mechs.  

No, the Big Oak mechs will not work, the front plate on the Big Oak is completely flat whereas, 50 cent Vista mechs have a groove cut in the bottom to allow for the chute door to swing allowing the candy/toy to drop out.  If you put a Big Oak mech on a vista the chute will only open about 1/2 in.

One of these days I want to play with a Big Oak mech and see if I can fill in with weld and machine out the groove... probably more work than its worth honestly...