Mini candy in capsule

jimmysvending

I was just wondering as a way to have something others don't, would it be worth it to try and put 2 Snickers wrapped miniatures in a 1 oz capsule for 25 cents?  (or maybe 3 in a larger capsule for 50 cents)   And maybe try other candies including some of the chocolate mints.  I know its extra work, and might not make as much, but maybe with the right combination, might it get one into a place where otherwise could not?

Edited by jimmysvending

21 hours ago, jimmysvending said:

I was just wondering as a way to have something others don't, would it be worth it to try and put 2 Snickers wrapped miniatures in a 1 oz capsule for 25 cents?  (or maybe 3 in a larger capsule for 50 cents)   And maybe try other candies including some of the chocolate mints.  I know its extra work, and might not make as much, but maybe with the right combination, might it get one into a place where otherwise could not?

I assume you mean a "1 inch" capsule because I have not heard of a 1 oz capsule before. I really don't know if you could get one miniature let alone two Snicker's miniatures in a 1 inch capsule. Maybe one of the super small miniatures but it would be tight I would think and you don't want to smash the candy trying to get it in the capsule. I experimented doing something like this years ago when I had a bar account clamoring for mints. I used the big Lifesaver Mints and put like three in them in 2 inch capsule for 25 cents per vend. Initially they were popular but quickly interest waned. Vending this way creates a lot of trash (the capsule and the wrappers) so often locations don't love that. It is indeed labor intensive and you will probably not make enough money to justify doing it (I know i didn't LOL.). They do sell 2 inch candy capsules https://www.aaglobal.com/toys-games/PL-FCP-CANDC25-candy-jewelry-bulk-vending.asp and I have had success with them in family locations.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The margin on candy sales is mighty slim already- factoring in the cost of the capsules, and then the time to actually pack those capsules (many hours, I know from experience! 😬) you're looking at making a pittance money at best. On top of that, remember that chocolate has a shelf life a lot shorter than most bulk vend candies, and is prone to melting in the heat.

If you have a location that asked for something like this, I would advise getting a 2" capsule machine for this. Packing any sort of candy bar, even the tiniest of fun size, into the narrow diameter of the 1.1" acorn cap is going to be a tight squeeze and an exercise in frustration I wouldn't wish on anyone

As @gumball guy said, A&A sells a candy cap mix, as does Allstar if memory serves- which takes out an immense volume of labor on your part.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

• Like 1