Low Cell RSSI (5), intermittent cash only

Dalton

Hey guys,

I have been having problems with the card reader (nayax) intermittently working, going in to cash only mode once in a while. I noticed on the online portal my RSSI signal was red which must mean bad. Emailed nayax support and they said a signal strength of 5 was low and that a RSSI of greater than 10 was required.

I have already mounted the antenna outside the machine.

wondering if you guys recommend a specific high gain antenna?

On D&S vending I found a nayax upgrade under part D510009. 

or even https://www.amazon.ca/Outdoor-Cellular-Antenna-SPYPOINT-Wildlife/dp/B089KM87PV which is advertised as a 10db gain

there are also some cheaper 5db bingfu branded ones

Thanks for the input 

Get the high gain from Nayax. They aren't all the same. If the location has wi-fi, Nayax can connect to it. You also need to know what carrier your unit is using. Verizon or AT&T/T-Mobile. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 6:16 AM, lacanteen said:

Get the high gain from Nayax. They aren't all the same. If the location has wi-fi, Nayax can connect to it. You also need to know what carrier your unit is using. Verizon or AT&T/T-Mobile. 

Hi! I'm just here picking up gems since I also have a location that has terrible cell service and was curious to know how I could combat this issue so that I may install a Nayax card reader. Why is knowing the carrier important?