sometimes gum just stays soft…

jay22

what’s the longest gum has stayed “ok” in machines for you guys? i am somewhat embarrassed to say i have a mexican restaurant where i brought a full machine in summer of 2020, there’s still some in the machine in but they still aren’t chompers. i mean they’re not great either but ok for gumballs. gum doesn’t go bad right? i don’t see why i’d throw it out if it’s still usable. it’s weird because i’ve had gum that’s gone stale in months,  but these keep going lol

I see the same in my machines. It really has a lot to do with the environment where the machine sits. The gum product doesn’t spoil but will get hard or sometimes when you chew it will just break up in pieces. I mostly have a sun bleaching issue with machines sitting near the windows. But take it out dump it and swap it.  Keep it fresh. I move older stuff through 2/ quarter machines. 

3 hours ago, jay22 said:

what’s the longest gum has stayed “ok” in machines for you guys? i am somewhat embarrassed to say i have a mexican restaurant where i brought a full machine in summer of 2020, there’s still some in the machine in but they still aren’t chompers. i mean they’re not great either but ok for gumballs. gum doesn’t go bad right? i don’t see why i’d throw it out if it’s still usable. it’s weird because i’ve had gum that’s gone stale in months,  but these keep going lol

I agree with Mike, the environment has a lot to do with it. Humidity in particular.