Dixie 501E live display light problems

So I noticed one day that both f20 t12 24 inch lights were dim like 10% bright so i figured it was the fs25 starters. Well I replaced them and still didnt take them back to normal. So I decided Id switch to led 24 bulbs and removed factory starters and installed starters I ripped glass section in them out and soldered cooper wire inside to make them dummy starters.  When I plugged machine back in top and bottom light up prefectly bright like they should be,  but only lasted 2 minutes then bottom only worked then eventually went to 5% bright in just bottom one. Ive now replaced 2 of the tombstones and new ballasts from vending world and top wont light up at all and bottom is 5% sometimes when door is open otherwise off.  Could led bulbs got burned out from being run on bad ballasts or what else could be the problem? Thanks for any assistance. 

Whenever I install LEDs, I remove starter completely.  Some LEDs only work with specific kinds of ballasts too.  Most older machines designed for fluorescent bulbs also have magnetic ballasts and a lot of LEDs from big box stores won't work.  You may need to bypass ballast completely with an LED that can be direct wired.  Where did you get your bulbs?

41 minutes ago, SnackShackVending said:

I got them from Menards said it would replace t8 and t12 f20 f18 bulbs and would work with most ballasts. I dont know how to wire starters out of equation so figured i could just use dummy starter. 

Remove the starter and bypass the ballast.

Make sure the bulbs can be direct wired

• Like 1