How to set price on National 222 machine

Boonedox98

I’m trying to set the price on someone’s National 222 cigarette machine and can’t find the dial it shows in the picture to set the price. Anyone have any idea where the dial is? I’ll attach the picture it shows of the instructions on the machine. Thanks in advance!

2F4DE9AA-A32B-45F8-A97D-6B8E5B357A26.jpeg

Does it still have a National ACMR on it (grey metal)? If so then the pieces shown are there. A later model could be an ACMRtron which was electronic from National. If it's black plastic then it's an old Bob Holiday electronic ACMR which would have dip switches on it. Otherwise it might be a price update kit from Capital Vending. There were a few different pricing upgrades made for these as the prices of cigs went through the roof in the early 90s. Put up a photo of that side of the rack after it's slid out. Man, I haven't touched a cig machine in 30 years but this brings it all back.

Edited by AZVendor

• 2 years later...

Anyone have any info on price setting on the ACMRTRON 600? 

I recently bought a Crown Line Cabaret 222 cigarette vending machine and the pricing mechanism was updated to the ACMRTRON 600 and I can’t find any information on it. (And of course the label that was supposed to be affixed to the door when it was upgraded is missing.)

I’m trying to set a price and figure out why the coins drop straight to the bottom instead of accumulate to make the sale.IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.1da17cc06690d5a083b6a87c4baab75f.jpeg

In each switch block the switches are valued from left to right or #1 to #8 or, in your case, top to bottom.  The top switch is the lowest value and each switch after it will double in value.  You turn on the switches that will add up to the price you want to sell at.  The beginning value is probably .05 and the last value would then be 6.40. That's the easy part.

https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/5580069 ACMRTRON.pdf

You would need to remove the ACMR and take the cover off to find out why.  Isn't it nice to see the handwritten notes at the end of the instructions - with proper cursive penmanship too?  You don't see caring employees like that anymore.

Edited by AZVendor