VM-010 Slow flashing red LED's And power cycles

Rick Adams

Hello, Thank you for reading my post. I maintain 3 laundromats for my employer. I have one of the VM-010 bill changers that continuously power cycles and the LED's flash RED on the bill validator between cycles. I purchased a new power supply board, after replacing it does the same thing. So I purchased a new Bill Validator ICT BL-700 Accepts New $1's, $5's, $10's & $20's / 12v. It still does the same thing. I originally replaced the power supply board because the electrolytic capacitors were bulging and split and it would not accept bills. I actually maintain 3 of these in various locations and have replaced the power supply boards because of the typical electrolytic capacitors bulging and they worked great after replacing them. This one has me bewildered. There are a RED (D3) and GREEN (D1) led on the power supply board itself. TIMG_7169.thumb.JPG.1bd2561b421be52546fe33ec9ae2c1f1.JPGhe green seems to show power (it briefly flashes during the power cycle) That RED on the board should only flash when it pulses out change. Thank you for your help.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:28 AM, AZVendor said:

Really? You're using garbage bill changers in a commercial laundry?  And hand loading coins into tubes for very few vends? Invest in real bill changers.

Hey thanks for the snarky response! There are only 8 tenants at this location using the 2 washing machines and 2 dryers, as a convenience to them we offered a change machine. It has operated flawlessly for about 5 years... The only reason we charge is our tenants would let everyone use our heat, machines, electric and water for their friends to do their laundry for free, and there is no room to add machines to the 2 bedroom units. Our laundry is NOT set up as a profit center, just for convenience. We don't want to spend any more than we have to, so I reached out for help.  The other 2 locations only have 3 washers and dryers for about 16.  We have 1 location where the residential free machine is available to share amongst 4 tenants, that machine is constantly being used by the neighborhood. 

Your post lacked this information. You stated that you were maintaining three laundromats (known as commercial businesses), not three small laundry rooms for apartments.  Considering that you are using these you are very lucky that they haven't been broken into or stolen. You may have to break down and just buy another bill changer. You're chasing your tail with these parts and the changer isn't worth what you are spending on it. Keep the parts you bought for spares and just buy a working bill changer to replace this one.