SCHEDULED SITE DOWNTIME

caserri

Kevin,

Go to the section for new members and click on it.  Then click on members by state and scroll down past the states and all the countries are listed there.

nam

Kevin,

Go to Vendiscuss Community, same section we are in right now with this thread.  Click on Welcome New Memembers which is the first heading in this section.  Then click on Members by State and scroll down and you'll see the other countries listed under the states.

nam

Kevin,

You are right.  I'd checked to make sure the states and countries were there but hadn't actually clicked on one.  It used to take you to a map of the state and then list the members from that state.  Sometimes when I didn't remember someones correct forum name and wanted to send them a pm I'd go to that section to find them if I knew what state they were from.  This site is very hard to find someone if you don't know their forum name or what state they are from.  Like I used to send alot of pm's to members when I found deals in their area.  Try to find someone you don't really know or remember.  Like if I look away from the computer i couldn't spell your forum name.  If I didn't use the state section how could I find you to send a pm?  Asssuming you also hadn't been online in the last 24 hrs as I know those are listed here now.

Check this out Kevin and I'm hoping you can figure out a way to do it.  Like sometimes I remember part of the name but not all of it.  Especially when they have a group of numbers before or after their name.  I can't remember all that.

629uphogtree82   :huh:

Yes...and some names are similiar to each other :(

Other than finding a recent post I'm not sure.

That being said, I think Steve can "fix" the links. There is probably just so much other stuff he's doing we need to give him some time :)

Kevin,

I agree on not giving Steve anymore than he already has on his plate.  Amazed he was able to get this done as quickly as he did.  I'm just starting to feel comfortable with the new site and all i had to do was learn how to use it.  He's had to build it.

The problem finding members as I mentioned above was also a problem on the old site.  Wish someone could come up with a good way for us to find other members.  The old forum had that big black box with a bunch listed from maybe the last weeks posts or something and that helped alot.  The other thing is when people don't fill out there info and we don't even know what state they are from it gets really hard.  So someone might be from Ohio but if they don't fill that out when we go to the state section they won't be listed?

I figured you'd be the man to come up with a plan!!!  

nam

on my list, thanks!

lets try to keep all of the "bug" reports in this thread. I know there are a few others open but it makes it hard for me to keep track of when they are scattered about.

also, feel free to use the "report to mod" link in any post that needs repair.

steve

Nam, thanks for the vote of confidence...but that is not my area of expertise :)

That being said, here are a few thoughts...

1) Make a condition of becomming a "plus" member be a fully filled out profile.

2) There is a "buddy" list here...haven't played with it, but that might help.

Kevin

This isn't really a bug but rather something that kind of got lost (I think.) For newer members requesting PLUS access, things have changed from the old board, as far as I can tell. And it looks like those making the requests in the only section appropriately named still aren't sure they're asking in the correct place.

As ALWAYS, I could be wrong, as I know the board looks different depending on your access. I am only mentioning this because of what I have read here:

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.15

Scott

I might be able give you a hand with some tweeking and trying some of the other new toys if you like. I don't know a lot about the back side of the board but I could read up on it if you need some more help.

New bug (sorry Steve!) The website links in the member section don't seem to be coded properly.

Scott

(I don't remember reading anything about this as yet. If it has already been stated, pretend I posted something interesting, informative and/or profitable!)

Steve,

I made 4 attempts to post in the thread started by  Tracysbeans.  I was trying to post a picture of Gary's rack with the yellow 1800 machines on a rack.  It was just one picture but it kept saying the file was too big.  Not only that my post kept disappearing after that so I'd have to keep starting over each time.

nam

Steve,

The new site will not allow us to copy and paste pictures at all in the normal way.  I've tried to copy and paste in more than one post and tried to post an ad in craigslist as an experiment and couldn't do it.  You can get a picture in there but with a whole lot of effort and certainly not the normal way.

nam

Steve,

Pictures seem to be a real problem in all areas  We not only can't copy and paste but we no longer have any pictues at all from the old forum.  Like lurtsman's Guide to Refurbing Machines as just one example.  Pictures are a big part of explaining something or showing something that you couldn't explain.  Like they say "A picture is worth a thousand words"!  No one will hardly be able to use the old posts in searching the forum with all the pictures gone.  So many of the posts just don't make sense without the pictures that were posted with them.  I feel so much of our ability to search has been lost by all the pictures no longer being there.

I know you have alot on your plate and hate to bring up yet more problems but this is a biggy for everyone trying to use the search feature in the forum.

nam

nam,

I have increased the allowable size for pictures to match what we had on the old board. It was set really low. The pics from the old board are on my list. There is a lot in front of them but it is on my list.

I hope to get a lot done on here this weekend.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks and really appreciate you're working on this site over your weekend.  I know all this must be a huge drain on your time and we all thank you for it.  The new site is very cool and can't wait to get the bugs worked out.  Being able to copy and paste a picture is a biggy but also understand you have to have priorities so we'll just have to wait.  No Problem!

nam

In regard to the missing pics in posts, the best thing anyone can do to help me is when they notice a missing pic or attachment, click on the "report to mod" link from that post and enter a brief description. I've received some already and am working on them in the order they come in.

Don't worry about loading my plate, I have a list going and eventually I'll get to them all.

Also, I understand that the bulk label library has been down for longer than it should be for such a simple fix. The reason for that is I'm going to install an image gallery that will house the images of the labels. It will allow you to search, browse, preview, save, print, and even edit the labels how you see fit. I really don't want to do the same work twice which is why the links have not been updated yet.

Thanks for your patience.