V21 Exact Change when using cards

I have a Vendo 721 live display that I bought from a guy on location who was practically giving monsters away at $2.25.   I raised the prices, added a USAT card reader and went on about my day.  A few days later I get a call saying customers can’t buy monsters with credit cards.  $5.00 bills can be inserted and purchase at the price I set, pays back correct change, but using a card the machine blinks Use Exact Change and prevents purchasing.  What can be done to fix this?

If the credit from the coin/dbv are working correctly, I have to believe that their is some issue with comms between the machine and the reader or settings in the reader.   Make sure the 721 is updated by checking the firmware revision.  If it's a 12.1 you'll need Rev 35.  For a 12.4, you'll need at least Rev 44.  Latest is Rev 50.

It has 12.4.  I do have another machine that has the same firmware(I assume it does because it doesn’t report cash) that doesn’t give me the same problems.  How do I change the settings in reader?   I’m going to replace the firmware first though.