Nayax AMIT unit Network Reg FLR

cdman

10 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Unfortunately, I think they are designed to fail.  See my post.

I had started out with USA tech but I personally found this customer service to be poor and I have found Nayax to have a better inventory management system. So I swapped all of my card readers over to nayax (I have 15 right now hoping to get more soon). But it is concerning when I read your post about how nayax will not offer refurb telemeters anymore. Much more expensive if the entire thing needs to be replaced with a VPOS touch. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OVend said:

I had started out with USA tech but I personally found this customer service to be poor and I have found Nayax to have a better inventory management system. So I swapped all of my card readers over to nayax (I have 15 right now hoping to get more soon). But it is concerning when I read your post about how nayax will not offer refurb telemeters anymore. Much more expensive if the entire thing needs to be replaced with a VPOS touch. 

My thoughts exactly.  I've got 10 myself.  This is the 3rd one which failed the exact same way.  And to top it off, the location its at uses it maybe a handfull of times a year, but its a huge cash location and I use it for metrics to kit only.  So in the meantime I've just been stopping by there twice a week.

Otherwise, I do have a few touch devices.  Non have failed yet, so maybe they'll last longer.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Ok i think we are talking about two different problems . I have had Amit units fail but very few. My problem is losing connection to AT&T tower related to the sim card. This is at least my 3rd unit in a little over a month to go down with “Network Reg FLR” which mean no connection to the server. All had AT&T sim cards. They are spread out in a 40 mile radius from my shop. (So not on the same tower) At first i was told i need a new unit. Two units back i talked with a tech that swapped the sim card to a Tele2 network sims and fixed the unit. I was Curious if anyone else is having this problem? Now on to my next Nayax problem but i will start a new topic.

OVend ,

If you’re concern is with the quality of the new touch units i have not had problems with the unit itself. I like that it tells you that your card has not been charged. I have had issues with declining cards for no reason. But a firmware update seems to have fixed that issue. Now if you’re concern is vandalism that’s another story. I haven’t had a unit vandalized, but i have moved the older Amit (2) piece units to the bad locations. (Because i can install an armored metal faceplate on the MEI validators)

When those units run out ? 

and yes “as i understand it” they will only give you the amit unit as a replacement for another amit unit . If you purchase a new unit it will be the touchscreen device.

My biggest beef with Nayax is “in my opinion “ they are growing to fast and It shows in wait times for service. Also in dealing with any aspect that requires contacting them. 

• Like 1

So it appears I’m having a conversation with myself. 
AT&T has done something in my area that has caused the problem. The cure is a different carrier. Now i have a lot of devices non-functional waiting on new sim cards. 
I feel my self getting older!

I feel your pain. 

Don’t jump to any conclusions just yet. I had the same problem with all my AT & T devices about a month ago. All dropped off. But the Verizon devices were fine. The next day, all were back online. Maybe give it a day or so.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, tblake05 said:

My thoughts exactly.  I've got 10 myself.  This is the 3rd one which failed the exact same way.  And to top it off, the location its at uses it maybe a handfull of times a year, but its a huge cash location and I use it for metrics to kit only.  So in the meantime I've just been stopping by there twice a week.

Otherwise, I do have a few touch devices.  Non have failed yet, so maybe they'll last longer.  Fingers crossed.

Yup I also have a few of the touch ones hopefully they are solid

On 5/19/2022 at 1:51 PM, cdman said:

OVend ,

If you’re concern is with the quality of the new touch units i have not had problems with the unit itself. I like that it tells you that your card has not been charged. I have had issues with declining cards for no reason. But a firmware update seems to have fixed that issue. Now if you’re concern is vandalism that’s another story. I haven’t had a unit vandalized, but i have moved the older Amit (2) piece units to the bad locations. (Because i can install an armored metal faceplate on the MEI validators)

When those units run out ? 

and yes “as i understand it” they will only give you the amit unit as a replacement for another amit unit . If you purchase a new unit it will be the touchscreen device.

My biggest beef with Nayax is “in my opinion “ they are growing to fast and It shows in wait times for service. Also in dealing with any aspect that requires contacting them. 

yes it does seem like they are rapidly growing and support times are slowing down. everyone is struggling to fill employment but hopefully they can improve in the future 

OVend i realize after reading my post that I didn’t communicate correctly. I have a lot of the touchscreen units in service and have since they were released. I haven’t had a single unit fail. Only card being declined, but updating to the newest firmware seems to have fixed that issue.

• Like 1