looking for parts for my Dixie Narco 300

Patrick DN300

Hello all.  I'm looking for information and parts for my Dixie-Narco 300. It was given to me years ago by a friend, along with an Atari Pole Position. They have been in storage for a number of years and are a little rough. The soda machine was working great, until I tried to by-pass a faulty "product out" light by jumping the lights contacts. It blew the main relay which I replaced along with the faulty light but my coin mech (coinco 9360s) is still not working. Could I have gotten the wrong relay or actually blew the coin mech as well? Any information or questions are very welcome. Thanks in advance. 

Patrick. 

Yes and yes.  The DN relay is specific to DN machines.  Just scrap it. I'm too tired of walking people through dumb moves they make with machines they know nothing about.

That's a pretty crummy way to respond to someone's request for information. feel free to never comment on my posts in the future. For your Information. I will not be "scrapping it" you might have missed the header that states this is a refurbishing project and I have no problem replacing the coin-mech and the relay again, as needed, thanks for the information though (yes yes) 

have a great day 😃 

27 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Yes and yes.  The DN relay is specific to DN machines.  Just scrap it. I'm too tired of walking people through dumb moves they make with machines they know nothing about.

It is possible that you blew the coin mech but I would check a few things first.  Does it have at least about 10 nickels in the coin mech, is there at least one sold out paddle down to indicate it has product. If both of those are satisfied and it still says product out, one of your cams are not is home position. (plastic discs attached to motors. 

Thanks for the information. But I'm not having a problem with my product out lights or cams. the light has been replaced. but since I blew the relay, my coin mech only passes coins rt threw to thye return. (It worked perfectly before I jumped the lights contacts.) 13 years ago I found a relay for it, but I can't recall if I knew the model at that time (I just found my manufacturers tag under the condenser this week) so I may have ordered the wrong relay. based on what assvendor said about the relays being specific. I ordered a new one this week. My question now is did I fry the coin mech, and if so, what other coin mechs can I use? it has a CoinCo 9360-s which I cant find around. but id like to fix this and use a coin mech that is compatible with a bill acceptor. 

thanks 

• 3 months later...

Here is the manual: http://www.vendingworld.com/Manuals/Coinco/9300/9300S Series.pdf  Page 23 shows what they go to as does the wiring diagram before that.  

Basically there are two connectors for different types of bill acceptors, one for a credit display and one for a can counter, both of which were rarely used and not available now.  You have to remember that this coin mech was also used in cigarette machines which is why you also have an Escrow To Select switch in the coin mech which you will not use.