Vendo vdi700 display randomness...

marwood

I have a vendo vdi700 snack machine with a strange display problem.
The display works fine until you insert money and make a selection.
When you insert coins it shows the credit etc all normally, then when you press a button to make a selection it shows the number you are selecting but alongside random letters will also appear, which makes the process somewhat confusing. Once you've bought something it goes back to normal.
Any idea's what could be causing this?
I noticed that buttons 9 & 0 on the keypad didn't work, so swapped the keypad from another machine and they still don't work, but there are no selections where 9 or 0 are required....

PSX_20220804_113957.jpg

If it's operating correctly but giving random garbage on the display, I would be looking for a method to reset the RAM.  You'll need to contact SVE for that info as these were not sold in the US so I am not familiar with the specifics of the programming. 

Thanks for the tip Mike, I hadn't thought of trying that.
I can't remember if there's a battery on the board, can I not reset the RAM by removing the battery for a few minutes?

Assuming there is a battery backup instead of Flashible RAM then yes.  Disconnect from power, pull the battery ( or the jumper that is commonly found next to backup batteries ) for about a minute or so and then reinstall.  This will take the board back to factory default settings so you'll need to reprogram pricing and such.