Automatic Products LCM card reader problem

alex ali

I have two automatic products snackshop LCM2 machines, I connect the credit card reader and it works fine but the keyboard stops working, I disconnect the credit card reader and the keyboard if the machine works fine before I didn't have that problem because I had old 8g readers that no longer work because they are old, but I updated it to the Cantaloupe g10, and neither of them works, what will be the problem if you know, let me know, they told me to buy an eprom to update the board that cost me 85$$ and no it works if you know something let me know please thanks

Commas don't take the place of periods.  LCMs are not the most friendly machines for card readers.  If you're saying you did update the logic board eprom with no change then the new card reader may just not be capable of playing down to the level of the machine logic.  You may have to use an older card reader or upgrade the locations to better machines.  Also, make sure the card reader is the first device plugged into the logic board.  The coin mech and bill validator are daisy chained after that.

As I told you, the new readers do work but the keyboard is the one that does not work and if I disconnect the card reader the keyboards do work. Thank you very much for your information. If you know of anything, please let me know.

Again, if you have already updated the eproms there isn't anything else you can do aside from a card reader firmware update.  If they still disable the keypad then the machine is too old to support that card reader.