gumballs cancelled from sam's club??

jay22

the manager on the phone today told me they've been discontinued! the listing on the site for them is weird, showing the price at 11.91.  what's going on? they sold out like crazy at my club, so it wasn't a matter of them not selling.  

Edited by jay22

• jay22 changed the title to gumballs cancelled from sam's club??

Talking with Concord sales rep just Monday, talks with bringing back the SOS system for ordering thru Sams Club apparently fell thru......along with stocking the 850 Asst and CC, FOR NOW.

A lot vagueness surrounding this debacle.....However you can order direct thru Concord/DB/Tootsie Roll via Sales Rep.......500 lbs equals free freight (about 35 ish cases)....dont know what your needing so that might be over kill.

November brings prices increases of 10% for Gum & 15% on candy per rep........so might want to get it in early.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, allgum4me said:

Talking with Concord sales rep just Monday, talks with bringing back the SOS system for ordering thru Sams Club apparently fell thru......along with stocking the 850 Asst and CC, FOR NOW.

A lot vagueness surrounding this debacle.....However you can order direct thru Concord/DB/Tootsie Roll via Sales Rep.......500 lbs equals free freight (about 35 ish cases)....dont know what your needing so that might be over kill.

November brings prices increases of 10% for Gum & 15% on candy per rep........so might want to get it in early.

Hope this helps!

35 cases is just too many for me to get at once.  i care about bringing in the freshest gum possible to all my locations when i refill.  do you have a contact person or number?  private message me maybe if you're ok with that.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dkochan said:

I noticed that the Sam's Club stores stopped selling 850 count gumballs.  You will have to bite the bullet and buy direct from Concord.

Astonishingly, the Sam's that I go to has still been getting them in. Picked up 50 cases in the last month and had 15 more delivered yesterday. I asked if they were discontinuing them and got the normal Sam's Club response "Uhh........I don't know.....I haven't heard that." Now that Ford and Bubble King are out of the 1 inch gumball game I'll have no choice but to order from Concord directly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm dealing with this now as well. Over the last 4-5 years my local one dropped all candy except gumballs, then all regional Sam's dropped candy. Now it seems gumballs are gone and I think I'm giving it up. Lower margins since covid. Doing limited vending these days anyway. I'd like to get back into it but it's just not the profit it was when I started in 2016.