Business plan

MaxCoinVending

I am not too sure where to put this so I figured I would put it here. I hope it gets views. 

I would really like to grow my small route in to something bigger and sustainable. My biggest obstacle to grow will be funding. Out of curiosity has anyone ever created a business plan to propose to the bank? 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Banks won't touch an all-cash business.  It's unstable, no large contracts, no significant assets, fluctuating asset values, difficult to insure the assets, etc.  You see that assets are the key since they are what support the valuation.  Banks don't lend on your plan, they lend against your unencumbered assets.  Just your idea of what you want to have someday won't cut it.  This is a business that you grow slowly, machine by machine, location by location.  If you find you don't have enough profit to fund your own growth then you won't have enough to make payments to a bank. 

• Like 1

Bank?

You can forget about a bank unless you have a lot of capital behind you and probably 6 figures in sales.   You just started so the sales part is out the door.  Your best bet is to setup an LLC or incorporate, then getting an account with your bank.  From there you can apply for equipment loans and also go after 0 percent interest business credit cards.   You will have to have decent personal credit.  Another route you can go is SBA loans which are large percentage guaranteed by the government but with your personal guarantee.  While in the bank you can ask them about their guidelines for a business starting out.  

• Like 1