RVV500 Home sensor?

divot

Hi . First time asking for help . So thank you for reading.

I have a number of the RVV500's and have never had any real issues until today.

I brought one to a location and it worked fine before I brought it.

Now it is not homing. Initially it started intermittently this morning by passing the home magnet twice. Now it just got moves back and forth in front of the home magnet but I guess never sees it. After about 60 seconds of this I just unplug it because it does not set a code and seems like it is going to continue indefinitely.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will know what this is.

I do not believe the harness is the issue - though I have not rung it out.

Thanks again for reading.

Thanks for your reply.

I swapped out with a good sensor- did not fix it.

I have another RVV500 in good shape. When I unplug the sensor ( on the still working RVV500) it acts just like the one currently failing. So I am guessing it is the board/ board connection.

Planning to use a meter and start checking connections/ wires. Though once they go into the board......

• 5 months later...

Wanted to update this with the actual issue and how I fixed it. 

The problem was my left rail had become loose. A few screws were loose and one was completely missing. That caused the elevator to become slightly unlevel. That alone was not causing the issue until the machine itself was not plumb level. The machine worked fine when the machine was level, but once I moved it to another location and did not level it correctly- that compounded the elevator being slightly unlevel. At that point the cup was a bit above the home magnet. 

It ended up being a relatively simple issue and fix. Instead of starting with the basics I figured it was the sensor/ electrical and it took me weeks to figure out.