Choosing a new machine...

Minnemac

Hi everyone, I am brand new to vending. This is my first post on Vendiscuss but have so far found the forum to be very helpful and informative. I am currently looking to purchase my second refurbished machine (location is secured). 

I am having trouble choosing between a  4 wide AMS Sensit 1 snack machine and a National 168 snack machine. The National will end up costing me $300-500 more. I know that Seaga has just purchased AMS, Im not sure if that should factor into my decision at all.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated! 

Well, you don't want Sensit 1, otherwise AMS is a good machine.  They are up to Sensit 3 or 4 now which is much more reliable than 1 was.  You might not even be able to upgrade a Sensit 1 to a Sensit 3 now.  Get the 168, but only if you plan on using other National machines because they have a long learning curve compared to other manufacturers.  If you haven't already gotten used to any other types of programming then learning National won't be too difficult.  

• Like 1

Thank you for the input! The AMS is actually being upgraded to Sensit 3 for card reader capability. My other machine is an AP Studio 2. Do you think I should go for the AMS?

Also for anyone interested, I plan on discussing my journey into disposable vapour product vending, soon to come. 

Yes, get the AMS if it will be a Sensit 3.  That is a good machine.  Just be aware that the Sensit system is for guaranteed vending so if your products are priced high you may lose a few to a second run of a motor if the first product doesn't drop.

• Like 1