USI 3132 main wiring harness

BendorVendor

Hey, y’all

I just recently purchased a little USI 3132 for a pretty low price, knowing that it needed some work (owner stated a couple of the motors didn’t work). Inspected the couple that claimed to not work, did a few more that did work, and went about getting it back to my spot. 

Upon digging around messing around a little, I’ve learned that my entire A row won’t function, along with C2, D2 and E2. 
I found the A row has a wire from the main wiring harness that is completely frayed and disconnected pretty close to the plastic connector piece. I almost suspect the same thing somewhere for the ‘2’ wire.

SO, my question is: any good way or tips to replace just a single one of those little wires, or is there ANY way to source a main harness for a 3132? 

it’s the year 2023, and Google is drawing blanks. THANK YOU. And help. Lol 

You'll have to repair it on your own.  The machine is from 1998 and it's hard to get parts for anything USI made more than 7-10 years ago.  Not such a good price now, eh?  You can splice a new wire in by jumping it across the connector.  If you might want to disconnect that harness later then put a pull-apart connector in the wire. Those machines were notorious for the harnesses to catch on the shelf motors of the shelf below because the wiring above would hang down.  The machines were pretty junky in general and I always wondered why USI even built them.  If you pull all the shelves out you'll probably find tons of kinked and maybe damaged wires.  I'd say you have a damaged A wire and 2 wire.  Start looking at the top shelf first and work your way down.  Also, the wires break out of the connectors that are beside the shelves due to the constant in and out of the shelves.  Just terrible engineering.

Thanks for the reply. You’re absolutely right, these things weren’t engineered horribly well with the wiring and such. Before purchasing, went to the FB groups and nearly everyone said for a small older machine, it’s not so bad and most things USI are usually solid. I’m still new-ish to the game, so we’re learning. 

Started pulling racks out and found a completely broken wire on the A shelf (schematic says this wire controls the entire shelf) this I should be able to mend pretty easily based on where the break is. I do see some kinked wires around the plastic connectors on the other shelves but nothing that seems loose or noticeably damaged…I’ll dig around when I have a bit more time in a day or two to break it open and chase down the 2 wire.  Any idea of what gauge wire is used? 

Small 16 or 18 ga. is fine as it only carries 5-24v dc.  The wiring matrix is a letter wire to each shelf, a number wire to each motor and a common ground to every shelf.  A schematic is in the operating manual: https://vendmedic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/usi-fsi-vendnet-wittern-3132-manual.pdf

Yep, I’ve read the schematic. Started to trace wires and then boom! 

Red/white wire that controls the 2 has pulled out from the connector plug itself coming out of B row towards main harness(A2 and B2 both work, so this explains why C2 D2 E2 fail).

My last question: is there a way to re-strip the wire and get it back into the plastic plug connector? 

D704E642-6C92-45DD-B011-A780B3465A26.jpeg

97EA9749-3F4D-47F1-8F18-C5FF36DBD66B.jpeg

No, there isn't a way to put the wire back into the pin, if the pin is still there.  This is where I said you could span the connectors with one wire between the two sides of the red/white wire.  Use a piggy back splice to capture both wires on each side of the plug.  Then put a pull-apart connector in the bypass wire so you can disconnect it when you unplug the harness.  You will have to access the red/white wire on the stationary plug in the vertical wall to do this.