Dixie Narco 1200

peteybird

I am fairly new to vending, and have done some repairs.  I have an old Dixie Narco 1200 Machine that has one motor disconnected and a sign that says don't use the slot.  The connector on the left is connected, but the right side is not and electrical taped as well as the switch for that slot. 

I'd like to use that slot if I can, but can't seem to find a replacement motor (assuming that is the issue).  I am hesitant to reconnect the motor because I don't know what could happen if I do.  One of the other motor assemblys had some specs on it, so am assuming all motors will be the same:Merkle -Korff Industries Mod 4515UP-160 115v 60 Hz Idle amps 2.4 TPL.

It has a grey cam on it, but I can switch out cams of a different color (I think).

Any advice would be welcome.

Okay, Mr. Newbie, the 1200 is just a number put on the cooling unit which has nothing to do with the machine it's in.  You have what Dixie Narco called a Series 90 machine, probably a DN 368 or DN 440 depending on height.  If the motor is faulty then a replacement is easy to find used.  Stick with the grey cam motor when you look for one.  While the motor had a DN part number, it doesn't matter now. The motor info you posted is just the motor winding itself which was never a replcement part.  Anyone that sells used machines will have them.  Keep in mind there could also be the problem of a twisted rotor that caused the selection to be unused.  If that's the case then you will need to replace the rotor.  Make sure it also has a white plastic shim on the right side of the column which is used for 12 oz cans as all two deep machines used.

The original factory serial number plate is placed on the outer edge of the main door on the hinge side.  You'll probably see two holes there where the rivets used to hold it on.  If you have a Coke door then the plate was often removed by the bottler when they sold the machine, which was always unnecessary.  Some rebuilders also removed them.  Again, unneeded.

So it still did have a serial number right where you said it would be - never noticed it  before!

It is a 414/239-9 machine, so was able to find a part manual and troubleshooting manual online that should help me fix that slot.  At the very least, I should be able to see what didn't work to fix it!

Appreciate the help and guidance.  Best of luck to you!