Seaga OD38 office deli

BobG

I have a used Seaga office deli OD38 and want to install a card reader.

I cant find th BMX or DEX cable hole HHC computer socket. 

is there another way to not use this 1/4" jack? 

You don't need to use the plug.  It's there for DEX data but you wouldn't get it from that machine anyway.  You must love that hunk of garbage to put a card reader on it.  Does it really do enough business from it's tiny self to warrant and support a card reader?

For the price i couldnt beat it. I got 3 full machines for $800 in good shape from a retired couple. I do agree ive definalty seen better machines. My price points are  1.50 to $5 i sell stickers energy drinks and other cool golpher.

we have 400 students that come through this facility year around. this young 20+ group wants a card reader. 

Thanks for your input on the reader.

any sugestions on readers? 

USA Technologies used to be the go-to but now it seems to be Nayax.  You need to realize that you are taking a risk that your machines won't communicate properly with the card readers.  I say that because it's a Seaga that has poor support and won't be willing to provide an updated Eprom for the logic board if that's required.  No one else has any parts for Seaga except for Seaga.  You might have a weak signal to the card readers too but that can happen with any vending machine.