New To The Vending Business

Tmoney

Good Morning All,

Back again for some advice. I'm looking at machines this weekend, Couple questions:

Has anyone had success with buying machines from local owners who offer them on market places like Facebook, Offer Up etc?  The machines look good but the prices seem very cheap and concern me for my first machine(s)!!

Also how do you guys feel about getting combo machines vs separate snack and drink machines?

Market places can be a great place to find equipment but you have to know what to look for and what equipment seller’s are selling the same model for, etc.  post a link before buying.  If you do buy, now you gotta move it and hope the seller doesn’t rip you off when the mover gets there. 

The thing with combos is that they don’t have enough capacity for products.  You’ll be servicing it too frequently.  I used to do AMS combos with 6 shelves with 12 oz cans but now I leave them with the standard 5 shelves and charge 2.75 for 20 ounce beverages and $4.00 monsters/Red Bulls.  Too expensive, oh well.   Are you wanting a combo because it’s cheaper than 2 machines or are you wanting a combo because the location doesn’t have foot traffic?

Not so much about cheaper per se, in my research thus far I've seen combo prices similar to buying separate depending on machine capabilities(card reader, glass front etc) Just trying make my first purchase make the most sense.  I've pretty much secured a location going to confirm this weekend , my barbershop. They're moving to a New larger location, adding more barbers.  Easy for me to manage because I'm there literally every Sat.  Easy for me to get used to the business, ramp up and grow!!

That location won't be a boffo account so put a cheap, small machine there,  Post the machine here first so you don't buy any imported crap.  And if we call it crap, it is.  No Seaga, no Genesis, no Gaines, etc.