Royal Vendor 309

tjk1812

Good evening. I have a question regarding a royal vendor 309. It’s a unit we had at work that wasn’t getting any use, so I took it home for garage use. The cooling is just fine, but the electronic side is giving me issues. 

When plugged in, the compressor and evap motors run..no problems. But I have no display, no service codes when door is open and limited push button use. I checked my transformer..110v on primary side, 12v and 24v on secondary side..so it’s working. When the harness coming out of transformer (12v and 24v) is plugged into circuit board I still have nothing. Is it possible the circuit board is bad? My manual says there should be a fuse, but I’ve checked up and down and can’t find anything. If there is a fuse, is it an inline fuse or somewhere on the circuit board? Is there anyway to test the board? Or maybe I’m just missing something else and the board is good. Thoughts? Thanks..

Tom

I don't recognize that model number so you're looking at something other than the serial number plate on the hinge side of the door.  Don't use the compressor model number. The fuse on older Royals is just above where the coin mech plugs in below the bill acceptor.  There is a black push release fuse holder.  Push in and slide it down and the front will open up and expose the fuse.  There may still be a spare clipped onto the door.