Vending Machine Incorrect Change

Niap377

Good to know.   What is the price of selection and how much change is correct. What is your coin mech, it probably needs to be programmed.  Do you have quarters in the dollar tube.  Do you have quarters going into the dollar tube, etc. 

The price is set for $1.50, it’s giving out $1.25 using 5 quarters. The coin mechanism is the conlux mcm5-4 model. I’ll check the coins when I get to my location, I don’t think it’s in the dollar slot.

30 minutes ago, Gizmo Vending said:

Good to know.   What is the price of selection and how much change is correct. What is your coin mech, it probably needs to be programmed.  Do you have quarters in the dollar tube.  Do you have quarters going into the dollar tube, etc. 

The -4 model uses a $1.00 coin tube.   Make sure that it has dollar coins in there, pays from there and takes dollar coins into there.  Make sure quarters are not being routed into the tube.  Sounds like the coin mech is paying out correctly thinking it is pushing out 3 dollar coins and 2 quarters but in reality it is pushing out 5 quarters instead.  

• 8 months later...

I had a similar problem with the unit not giving out enough change. I suppose it's better than giving too much.  Coinco GLX.

Quarters were not paying out. Removed tube to check, nothing wrong, reinserted and then it was OK. 

So from now on I will routinely dispense a couple of coins from each tube to make sure nothing is stuck.