Hello I’m new and I am lost

Lwcarter87

Hello I am new to vending machines and I need help finding the right place to post my question about equipment (bill acceptors, coin mechs, their relation to eachother)? I have a vending maitence person trying to tell me I need a new board and is not listening to what I have to say, I want to make sure he is right and I’m not being taken advantage of. The picture is of the inside of the door of my machine before I picked it up and took it to my house not much has changed but I have gotten a “new” coin mech … that is it. If this is not where I should post this please let me know the best place. Thank you I am sorry to dump my issues out so quickly lol my name is William btw, thank you

IMG_5295.jpeg

You have an MPC logic board in the machine, not what I would ever recommend for a first time machine.  It was Dixie Narco's first mainstream logic board machine (there was a rudimentary one before this for the military) and it can be pretty confusing to operate at times.  This is your manual for it:  https://rc.cranems.com/Uploads/MPC Manual.pdf  Read up on it thoroughly.  What you haven't said it what symptom or problem you are having with the machine.  I will say that the USA bill acceptor should be replaced just due to it's age and the fact that I doubt you can get it repaired any longer.  Now, again, what problem are you having with the machine?  It could entirely be operator error since this is a MPC machine.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that the coin mech that I was sent is not working with my machine. I talked with a local machine maintenance and he gave me a 12 pin coin mech and It hasn’t accepted any coins when plugged up into the machine. The bill selector has two cords one for the machine and a four pinned one which has nothing to plug into. My impression is that this plug goes into a coin mech which may be the reason that there is a break in communication but I may be miss informed.

Do you have one of the coin mech models listed on the label at the top of your door?  Are you trying to use the coin mech by pulling the door switch out when the door is open?  The machine does have to have one properly loaded column before it will accept money.  Why don't you start by sitting down and reading through the manual so you understand how the machine operates.  And remember that even if the bill acceptor tries to work, it needs to be upgraded. That will be another rocky road to figure out what to use and what harness it needs since they are no longer available.

Thank you I will look at the manual. I am going to look at the door to see if that information is there. I found it but the file is to big. What type of board would I replace it with? The maitance person I was working with said I should just use it as a cooler and sell him the condenser, is this machine that far gone? Thank you for all of your advice so far 

The entire machine works, the only “broken” part (the most important part to be honest) is it not taking money. The motors work fine (will need to be replaced soonish in the near future), the compressor works, I am not sure if the power to the light are working yet. But everything on the machine is functioning. I was able to cycle through all of the menus to change prices, escrow, test motors basically everything works.

If the motors work then you won't need to replace them.  They are workhorses.  The logic board sounds fine.  Did you load soda into one column so that it won't show sold out?  Do you have it set for single price or multi-price?