Refurbishing AP113

ValueVending

Hello,

My name is Al and I’m new to the forum. I’m refurbishing an AP113 and need to install a bill acceptor and coin mech. Can anyone provide a resource for looking up the compatible parts for this machine?

Also is there a difference between bill acceptor and bill validator or are these term interchangeable?

Thanks!

Put a Coinco 9302LF and 110v MEI 2500 bill acceptor with a snack mask in it.  The terms are interchangeable.  If this is going to be a modern machine then put an InOne Technologies conversion board in it and then a Coinco 9302GX and a MEI 2500 in it.  That would all be MDB and you could later do credit cards if wanted.  

Why are you refurbishing a mainstream machine that you know nothing about?  Or you would know what coin mech and validator to put in it and what terms are interchangeable.  If you are an operator why not keep it?  If you're new to vending then what makes you think someone would be comfortable buying a used machine from you?   

@AZVendor My interest in vending was due to my son's vending business aspirations and wanting to share in that interest. But the time commitment to service routes would be hard for me to maintain with my career, other business and home life. So I changed my focus from VM operator to refurbishing and re-selling machines.

The machines I have in my garage are bought at auction and they don't always have all the parts when I get them.  I tinker with them when I have time to see what needs repair. I download the VM manuals and test the machines to make sure they operate. The manuals are dated and don't always have the information on bill acceptors and coin mechs I need to equip the machine. (these items are frequently the parts that are missing)

I said I was new to this forum but not to this planet. I am mechanically inclined so that helps with figuring things out when it comes to testing and reading technical data. I don't mind doing the research and I'm not here to ask a ton of questions like I see others do. I'm pretty sure this forum was created to exchange information and seek answers when they are not always easily found. I see you've been here a while (10 years) and can appreciate your passion for this business. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with others. I know it's frustrating when the same question keeps coming up over and over and people don't seem to want to put in the work to find answers. I look forward to learning and sharing information with you.