Mars electronics TRC 6200 broken magnets in coin mech

Greg Lopez

I just bought an old vending for the front of my shop. It worked fine for about a month. Just recently it stipped taking coins. Its just spits them right back out. I took apart and noticed the what i thinks are 2 magnets inside are broken in few pieces. All pieces are still there but they are broken. Could this be my problem? I found another mech online that looks like my for parts. Its also a model TRC 6200 but the part number is the same except this one has a -1 at the end and mine doesnt. Will these be compatible for parts? Thanks

That is a common issue with the TRC6000 family of coin mechs.  The broken magnet can sometimes be hot glued together and then the coin mech has to be re-tuned.  It's easier to just replace it.  It doesn't sound like you have a bill acceptor on your machine since you have a TRC6200 but any single price coin mech will work for you.  TRC6200 (don't worry about the -1 as that may just be an accessory harness of some kind), TRC6200H (has a harness for a bill acceptor), Coinco 9340S, 9360S, 3340S, etc.  All will work fine for you.  The Coincos will also have bill acceptor harnesses but they will work fine.