Coins Dropping Straight Thru

I know there a a lot of threads on coins dropping through but I think this one is different.  Coins dropping straight thru and front green flashing lights go out on MEI bill acceptor. 2 red flashes on back. The temporary remedy is simple. Open the door, flip the power switch to the electronics off then on. Unit will work fine for a day or two maybe a week but ultimately the problem returns. Seems like an intermittent power problem. Older Vendo 480P. Otherwise a real good workhorse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20240106_164544.jpg

Check that the door's coin return lever isn't resting on the coin mech's coin return lever.  Check that the door switch is actually being pressed in fully when the door is closed.  That switch is a stiff metal plunger that can dent the inner door over time and cause the plunger to not make good positive contact inside the switch.  Could also be a connector issue to the validator.

The return lever is ok. I can see that the switch could be the problem as the metal tab that holds the switch is kind of weak. I put a self tapping screw behind it to strengthen it. I put a straight edge on the inner door - seems to be ok. Come to think of it, sometimes, just opening the door and closing it was enough to get it working again.

Will let you know. Thanks a lot..