AP Snack Shop 2 425

TheoGmikey

Hey guys new to the forum. I acquired a ap snack shop 2 model 425 for free. When I power it up and put coins in the selection will take my money and motor on any slot will only turn about a half inch then I have to reset the machine and start over. If I rotate the gears backwards the time relay engages then I can add money and it will do the same thing. Only a short duration vend and will shut me down again. I would really like to get this set up for my vintage man cave. Any help is greatly appreciated. I did read another post that states if I rotate the gear by hand it should do a rotation back around. It does not do that. 

Then have you read my post that the power runs bottom to top from right to left and then right to left on the shelf above, etc?  Try turning your motor spiral slightly clockwise to start the motor beginning at the bottom right and move backwards through them.  If you finally get one that runs a full cycle after you start it then replace the motor switch on that running motor and the previous non-running motor.  If you get to the top left of the machine and no motor run then you could need to replace all of your motor switches.  You might still have the original 45 year old switches on it or a mish mash of aged switches.  I really wish people would not try to make this model of machine work.  It's a pain in the butt and you can't get any parts for them except things like generic motor switches.

When I turn every motor, they do not engage. The only thing that happens is when I get about 10 degrees into the turn the time relay energizes and contacts are sucked down. If I hold the contacts down when this happens I can hit every button on the machine and the motors will turn until I let the button go. The weird thing is, the machine will not work every time until I reset power or mess with it for a while. It will accept coins but it will not show the price when I hit the button or even try the quarter rotation of the vend. It will only attempt one time and I have to start all over with power cycling and messing with it

@AZVendor I am willing to pay for some more info. If I could talk to you on the phone for a little run through I can pay you for your time.

When I turn every motor, they do not engage. The only thing that happens is when I get about 10 degrees into the turn the time relay energizes and contacts are sucked down. If I hold the contacts down when this happens I can hit every button on the machine and the motors will turn until I let the button go. The weird thing is, the machine will not work every time until I reset power or mess with it for a while. It will accept coins but it will not show the price when I hit the button or even try the quarter rotation of the vend. It will only attempt one time and I have to start all over with power cycling and messing with it

There was no price display on those machines so if you have one then you have an aftermarket kit of some kind in it. Post some pics of your display from the inside and the logic board that runs it. What model coin mech does it have?