Nayax VPOS Stuck on Logo

Hey all, 

Having an issue with one of my readers, but I think the root cause is the Crane National 157 that it's hooked up to. I've already replaced one reader on this machine, thinking that it crapped out on me, but now I'm running into the same issue with a brand new reader. When I left the location on Sunday, I was able to get the reader back online by going into technician mode and reading the Audit file, causing the machine to go back into the correct "tap to pay" menu, but now it's showing as offline again, presumably stuck on the Nayax logo. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason to when this happens, other than it happens after midnight everytime. 

I'm going to switch out the CC reader harness and antennae, but aside from that is there anything I might not be thinking of to check? I'll also check the junction the harness runs into the board. 

Am I crazy, or does it seem like the machine isn't providing enough power to the reader? 

TIA

The Nayax screen is usually a connectivity issue. Check your signal strength, it should be ideally higher than 18. Replacing/relocating the antenna could help. Is the antenna on the outside of the machine? If the carrier is AT&T, it will respond well to a high gain antenna. 

I think it’s right at 18 actually. The antenna is on top of the machine. The frustrating part is there’s the exact same machine that’s given me no issues.

how do I determine the carrier? I could try a high gain antennae.

In Nayax Core, go to operations/machines, click search to pull up all readers, then click on that reader. The 3rd line on the general tab is communication. Click that open then you'll see the carrier. Here's a screen shot:

image.thumb.png.2ba1fccaa7dca9998b4ab98e6dcab475.png