I'm new and need some guidance!!

Piney838

Hey everyone, so I am new to the venidub/gumball machine world. I buy, sell and trade valuables, antiques and collectibles  and I have acquired this gumball machine that is missing the lock and center rod but other then that it looks to be in great shape I think. I was hoping for help finding the best place to get center rod, lock, door where the items come out. Also, does any one know about when this was made and estimated value of it. I'd like to think I am half way decent at researching things but this world is a hard one to navigate at times so any and all guidance is greatly appreciated!

Ps. Themachine is a 25cent machine and on the coin mech it says 11 12 on it. 

20240313_112014.jpg

Oak Vista cab. Made anywhere from probably the 60s or so (not super sure) to the 2010s. Glass panels instead of plexiglas would indicate earlier production, as would 5 or 10 cent mechs, but parts can and do get swapped all the time so not a very reliable indicator.

Best bet for parts would be eBay. The center rod can be replaced with 1/4-20 threaded rod cut to length from a hardware store, if you don’t care about originality.

As for value unfortunately not worth a whole lot, 20-60 bucks is fair but you could probably get 70-80 for it in an antiques store storefront. Just way too common, and lots of vendors are selling off equipment.