Vendo 721 resetting randomly

I’ve got a Vendo 721 and this is probably the 3rd time it’s happened. I went to service the account and all selections are set to $99.95. The space to sales also reset to 9 selections instead of 10. I bought the machine brand new about a year ago. It’s only happened maybe 3 times since I bought it. Any explanation this could happen?? Power outage maybe? As always thanks for the help. 

I'm hearing 2 issues right now.  It seems to be losing power somehow and then, once it does, the memory is not being held.  

Is someone unplugging the machine?  If it's that simple, the we likely have a bad backup battery or the clip that it's in isn't connecting well.  We've been using a new board since 2022.  This V2.0 board has a CR2032 battery slid into a clip on the lower left corner.  To access, power down the machine, remove the cover and locate the battery.  It will slide out of the left side of the clip.  If you have a meter, you can check the battery for 3.2 vdc to see if it's dead (unlikely but possible).  If so, those are available at most grocery, dept or hardware stores.  If it's good, see if the clip is simple bent and not making connection to the battery.  Give it a wiggle to see if the clip lets go.  If so, we will exchange the board through the distributor that you purchased the unit from.

Let me know what you find.  Pictures would be great if you have any of the bare board.

It’s at a retirement home and the machines can be unplugged easily. I thought it was strange that the memory was not saving even when it lost power. I bought them through A&M equipment and they are great. I’ll look at the battery and send pictures if needed. Thanks!