Replacing Maka Validator with Mars in Crane 474 Combo

Hello everyone, I'm replacing an old Maka VFM validator with a Mars 2500 series in my Crane 474 combo. Long story short, it was accepting cash but not registering the credit. The validator-to-control harness also turned out to be bad, so having to replace that as well.

I thought I had purchased everything needed for this upgrade. A new Mars validator, a Maka-to-Mars conversion cable and a validator-to-control harness that D&S sells for this machine (supposedly meant for Mars dbv's). But when installing, I realized that the power connection on the validator-to-control harness wasn’t compatible with the validator or the conversion cable (2 males). The new validator harness fits into the board just fine, but the only other connection that fits is the one that plugs directly into the side of the validator itself. The maka-to-mars conversion cable doesn’t seem to fit anywhere. I’m posting this with the hope that someone else has gone through the same upgrade and can offer some direction as to what I’m still missing. I’ve attached photos of the previous setup and the new setup that I’m trying to make work. I can also provide links to those specific products if the photos are unclear. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

New Full Setup.jpg

New Mars Validator.jpg

New Validator-to-Control Harness.jpg

News Mars Conversion Harness.jpg

Old Full Setup.jpg

If you're simply replacing the Maka, leave the original MAKA pulse harness in the machine and use the MAKA - Mars conversion alone.  Power, enable and credit all happen down that harness.   You have it all ready to go in the 2nd picture.