Troubleshooting the SM2300

Hello all,

Just got my first machine on location and stocked up. Unfortunately, my first purchase was a Seaga SM2300. I thought I had done my homework on what machine to buy, but after digging even more to deal with this issue, I have now discovered to not buy these machines. Junking it is not an option though, at least until it pays for itself, so I'm looking to get it up and running until I can resale at a later date. So any help would be appreciated!

Everything seemed to be going great until the test vending of the snack portion. From the test vend mode, it will always vend TWO items, and then display "SOLD OUT". I went through the settings and could not figure out what was going on. Even in sale mode, I insert the correct dollar amount, hit the selection, I get TWO of the items, and the credit remains and it says "Choose another selection". Anyone here familiar with these machines have any direction they can provide?

Ive got some issues going on with the beverage potion as well. I choose the selections setup for cans and they drop about 3-5 cans every vend. Ive checked the spacers and what it seems to me is the auger is just rotation too much.

It sounds like the vend drop sensors are not working. It does not see the item deliver si it keeps trying to vend and then marks that selection empty.  

29 minutes ago, cvending said:

It sounds like the vend drop sensors are not working. It does not see the item deliver si it keeps trying to vend and then marks that selection empty.  

I’ll tinker with this thank you!

Just wanted to follow up with this in case someone else came across this issue.

Apparently the OPTICS option in the advanced menu was programmed off which was causing the machine to act funny. I know SEAGA gets a lot of hate but I will say my experience with customer service was top notch. He helped me through it 100% of the time, even connected me with the gentleman who programmed my board specifically, and was almost ready to ship me a new board free of charge so +1 for them.

The other issue was the type setting. Apparently setting ALL ITEMS to SNACK then going in and changing the bottom section (its a combo machine) one by one to what they are isn't sufficient enough. You have to also visit the ROW section and change each row to the correct type as well. For the ROW section its the first two digits of each selection (11, 12, 13, 14 in my machine - selections are, 111, 121, 133, etc).

Everything is up and running fine now. Thanks for the help!