MARS TRC 6510

Just put a new TRC 6510 into one of my dixie narco 276es and it's giving me a hard time. No matter which coin I enter into the chute, they fall directly back into the return. I had an MEI Series 4000 in there before that which was working fine other than a dispenser arm issue, hence the replacement. Interestingly, the machine is recognizing that there's a 3 tube coin mech hooked up to the machine, but the "COIN" setting seems to keep reverting to "OFF". I entered the user programming, switched it to on several times, tried the coins again and still no luck. The exact change light is NOT on. Anyone have any ideas here? Confirmed the TRC 6510 is working- I took it off of a working machine. 

TIA 

You may have a bad 6510 but you should have a 6512 in it because it's a much better mech. Also, make sure that the coin return lever on the door isn't resting on the coin mech which can hold the gate open just a tiny bit and reject coins.

6 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You may have a bad 6510 but you should have a 6512 in it because it's a much better mech. Also, make sure that the coin return lever on the door isn't resting on the coin mech which can hold the gate open just a tiny bit and reject coins.

The 6510 I have is good, I pulled it from a 5591 that had no known issues. The odd part is that it seems as if the board is failing to continuously recognize that there's a mech attached to the machine. Like I said, when I go into the COIN programming to enable a mechanism, the machine is defaulting to off, even after I set it to on. I don't know which eprom is in the board off the top of my head, but I can replace that if it's not the 381.41. Any other ideas?

You should never need to even be in the programming for that issue.  I have never had to do that to get any coin mech to work - they just work.  It sounds like what you are turning on and off is the message for Coins Only.  Read the manual here:https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/S2D-Program.pdf

In Diag you can find CM which allows you to choose Micro Mech (normal 3 tube) or MDB.

I was only in there because I was trying to get the machine to recognize the coins that I was putting into it. The current setting under the CM programming is MDB. Perhaps switching over to Micro Mech will do the trick, but I have a card reader on the machine. Will switching interfere with the reader?

Posted (edited)

Yes, you have to be set to MDB so I still say you have a coin mech issue.  If not then it's a logic board issue and it should be replaced.  I've seen some SIID boards just go wonky and you're might be one of them.  But try a different MDB mech first.

Edited by AZVendor