1988 Elaut MK1 Topper Crane worth?

wreck9999

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this question. I currently own, and have owned, a 1988 ELAUT Topper Crane for about 10 years, with plans to move country in the near future, I have to part with it. I have been unable to find any information on this specific machine's value. It is in working order, but shows a few signs of age on its exterior, nothing major, just a few stains and general wear from long-term storage.

The image attached shows the same model of machine.

If anyone could give me a general estimate of how much I could expect to sell this machine for, restored cosmetically and in full working order, I would be very grateful!

-wreck

image.png

7 hours ago, wreck9999 said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this question. I currently own, and have owned, a 1988 ELAUT Topper Crane for about 10 years, with plans to move country in the near future, I have to part with it. I have been unable to find any information on this specific machine's value. It is in working order, but shows a few signs of age on its exterior, nothing major, just a few stains and general wear from long-term storage.

The image attached shows the same model of machine.

If anyone could give me a general estimate of how much I could expect to sell this machine for, restored cosmetically and in full working order, I would be very grateful!

-wreck

image.png

Claw machines have never been as popular in the "home entertainment" market as vintage video games or pinball machines. The machine you have there is nice and in good condition but it is very generic. People seem to like themed machines with cool graphics for man caves and game rooms. I could see it being purchased by a business owner for commercial use for $500.00 to $1000.00. Of course you can always start higher and work your way down but there are a lot of newer, used machines out there that you will be competing with.

6 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Claw machines have never been as popular in the "home entertainment" market as vintage video games or pinball machines. The machine you have there is nice and in good condition but it is very generic. People seem to like themed machines with cool graphics for man caves and game rooms. I could see it being purchased by a business owner for commercial use for $500.00 to $1000.00. Of course you can always start higher and work your way down but there are a lot of newer, used machines out there that you will be competing with.

Thank you for the feedback!

I think in this case, I will keep hold of it. It holds more sentimental value to me than those prices. 

34 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If you could get even $500 for it that would be a steal and I would jump all over it.  $500 cash and it wouldn't have to be moved anywhere by you.

I bought it 10 years ago for about $50. It was in a cattle shed and out of order, a quick test and some new components it worked just fine.

To be fair, it would have had to have been worth a considerable amount in order for me to let it go. I've become very attached to it so it looks like I'll be taking it with me overseas with other furniture. 😅