Need help troubleshooting Merlin IV!

I have a RV Merlin IV ( RVMCE650-10 ) with a Mars 2000 series bill acceptor and a CF7512 Coin Mech that I purchased recently. Upon plugging in the machine the bill acceptor cycles on but makes a clicking sound ( not sure that is normal)  the green lights on the front of BA are not lit up, it flashes the red light on the back bottom once indicating a bill jam. also shows on display bual  and rar7 it looks like ( I have cleaned sensors and there is no jam ) The coin mechanism is saying check vendor disabled by machine. Now at one point i had the check vendor message off and it was just saying low battery and the coin mechanism seemed to be working fine ( accepting coins, and coin return button would dispense change back out, not sure how i did that) the next day i plugged it in and its back to check vendor disabled by machine. I tried bypassing BA with coin mech and same thing. Not sure if any of the following make a difference but 

• I do not have any product in machine
  • i do have the compressor unplugged from bottom ( doesnt cool anyway ) Ill make separate post on this situation
  • the door is open, and have tried pressing in door switch
  • i do have a roll of coins in each tube

Not sure if one is messing up the other or if both are faulty or if its operator error. Is there anyway to completely reset each? any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Regarding the coin mech, a low battery can cause problems along with outdated firmware. I had similar issues with mine. After swapping out the coin mech it seems to be working normal. 
I sent the coin mech in for repair and they updated the firmware and replaced the battery. 

On your dbv, the bill jam error usually comes from a dirty bill path or something stuck in it.  Remove the bill box and lower track and clean everything you can reach with a lint free cloth and alcohol.   If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to send it off for service or replace it. 

The "rar7" you described is more likely "ram" which indicates either a low backup battery on the board or a faulty ram chip.  The battery can be replaced. If the ram is faulty, you'll need to have the board repaired or replaced. 

6 hours ago, allen watson said:

Regarding the coin mech, a low battery can cause problems along with outdated firmware. I had similar issues with mine. After swapping out the coin mech it seems to be working normal. 
I sent the coin mech in for repair and they updated the firmware and replaced the battery. 

Thanks for the reply. Is vendingworld a good place to get a refurbished one? They seem legit. I messed with it a little more when I got home and the quarters are going to the dime tube even after programming it to the correct cassette. Also tested the separator gate and only 2 of 3 seemed to work. 

2 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

On your dbv, the bill jam error usually comes from a dirty bill path or something stuck in it.  Remove the bill box and lower track and clean everything you can reach with a lint free cloth and alcohol.   If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to send it off for service or replace it. 

The "rar7" you described is more likely "ram" which indicates either a low backup battery on the board or a faulty ram chip.  The battery can be replaced. If the ram is faulty, you'll need to have the board repaired or replaced. 

Thanks for reply. I did try cleaning all that and it still doesn't light up green or even attempt to take a dollar bill. Regarding the error message it is not coming back not sure what I did.  in the picture is the battery the yellow block and  Is it removable or soldered in? And where can I send the board for repair if need be? As you can see in my post above I think I may need a new coin mech regardless so I will probably start there, any other suggestions on which order to tackle things would be great as I do not need another money pit in the garage! Lol

20241017_190534.jpg

That is a Snaphat battery that snaps onto the ram. It’s possible that the ram error originated from the coin mech.  Set prices in the machine and then kill power for a few minutes and restore power. If your pricing holds then your battery is ok. 

I would also visually inspect around the it for corrosion from a leaky battery or water as well.