Golden Quarter

sterling

Pulled a South Carolina 2000 Golden quarter from a machine today. Supposedly they were for sale in sets of five on tv and are 24k gold plated. Looks sharp. Does anyone know about them and if they are worth more than a quarter?

Sterling,

I think you need to send that into the VENDiscuss "golden quarter" appraisal department. We'll send you our secure, patented, postage paid, "tru-tek" mailer  Our team of experts will review your find and let you know what you have.

Then we'll offer to purchase it from you for half of what it's worth.

Then we'll offer to purchase it from you for half of what it's worth.

Thats a deal too good to pass up!

Sterling,

I am an avid coin collector.  I say hold onto it as it is worth more than a quarter.  They sell anywhere from $2-7 on average depending on condition.  Cool find!  The best I found was a 1964 silver quarter that looked to be in almost uncirculated condition.

G-Man, I have another coin question for you. I have some old quarters 1942,1943,1957. Two of the three came out of my machines. They certaintly aren't mint. Do you have any idea on the value of these? Thanks

G-Man, I have another coin question for you. I have some old quarters 1942,1943,1957. Two of the three came out of my machines. They certaintly aren't mint. Do you have any idea on the value of these? Thanks

google+quarter+year=valuation

I've found new-style quarters where the backs had been painted.  I think they were painted by machine, so it leads me to believe that there are several out there in circulation.  Has anybody else found painted quarters?

Sterling,  is there a mint mark on the quarters ( a letter "D" or "S" on the back below the eagle)?

They are not key dates or anything, but at the very least they are worth the silver they contain.  That's about $2.32 a piece based on today's (7-14-2009) silver value.