Tips for Self Locating

blackbear

Locating by phone is very difficult.  Hit the streets and expect to get 8 or 9 "no's " before getting a "yes".  Make sure you are talking to the owner or the manager as employees will tell you ok but they are not the final say.  If at all possible, place the machine the same day or even at the time you get the ok.  It has been my experance that if they think about it, they may chage their mind.  Leaving information behind for the owner to look at it later does no good in my opinion.  It will just give them time to think of a reason to say "no".  I find using a charity works better than a commission.  Pick someting of local interest and not the national concerns. 

Hope this helps and good luck

I agree with chowchow, the phone you will have very limited success.  You need to hit the streets and expect to get told several times before you get a yes.  As far as a pitch it depends on if you are going commission or charity.  Just speak to them and tell them your intent and that either you can make them some extra spending money or make a charity some money either way.  If they say no just look at them and smile and say thanks, then walk out the door. 

I thought cut-off shorts a skoal hat and a git-r-dun shirt was all that was needed for locating....

you must be one of those old vendors,nowaday we do it differantly.I typicaly like to wear my camaflouge shorts,flip flops and a wife beater.chewing tabacco during the locateing process is encouraged.not showering beforehand is also a must.

Those techiniques may work for the spot I am gonna try for pretty soon. Its a Wholesale/overstock style store. Kinda rednecky but I think it may be good. Should I try with my 1800 triple or a shootin hoops gumball? I was thinking the triple head

great that is what I thought. Since I don't have a seperate checking yet for the biz should I wait or just try and locate it then get the checking. I have another biz account for mobile windshield repair( NU-View Windshield Repair) I am gonna go with Nu-View Vending for simplicity reasons. I can answer the phone Nu-View and be good to go.

Your in sales when you are placing machines.  Pratice what your going to say.  This is what prof. sales ppl do.  Listen to audio books on selling or confidence.  Zig Zigler etc.  What worls well for me is I pratice during thoose miles in the van.  Most of all be YOUR SELF.  When you place a macine the best time to place another is right after. 

Most of all be YOUR SELF.  When you place a macine the best time to place another is right after. 

That confidence boost you get after a "Yes" is a powerful drug! You should really commit yourself to ALWAYS going for another location right after you've landed one! If the next place says yes as well, then you have one MORE pitch to make. End your day only with no's, or lack of machines, and you'll build your route faster (and if you've landed more accounts than ever before, don't let the lack of machines be a deterrent ... keep selling but give them a longer time frame before installation!)  Just don't let that euphoria cloud your judgment about the viability of the locations.

That's my .08 of a quarter,

Scott