water puddle under soda machine

I received a call from one of my customers telling me that I had a puddle of water in front of my antares soda machine. I'm not a techie but I looked in back and there was a cap attached to the drip pipe. There was no water in the drain pan. I pulled the cap off and about 3 TBS of water flowed into the pan. The pan din't appear to be leaking and I couldn't see anything dripping at all .The machine is in a basement and it has been hot and humid. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Could this be a thermostat adjustment issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

the machine is sweating, It happens all the time in the summer in humid environments, Check to mach sure the hose is attached on the top and being routed correctly to the pan. also make sure the coils are very clean and free of dust and dirt, this if it is clean it and the machine will now not have to work nearly as hard. also check the seals on the door to make sure there no areas where it is not sealing where an air leak can occur. One of these things should fix the problem, if you can not figure it out he next time you go put a towel under it to soak up any water to buy you some more time to get it figured out.

If you pulled the cap off the tube going down to the drain pan then thats all you'll have to do.The pan is designed to evaporate the water from the machine.You may want to use a coat hanger to stick into the tube to make sure its not clogged.

John

If it is an older model often times it is the door seal which needs to be replaced.  You can also lubricate that seal to be sure it is flexible.