Brand of Gumball

Quarter Master

What brand of Gumball/Gum do you prefer to sell ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of Gumball/Gum do you prefer to sell ?

• Concord
    • Ford Gum
    • Oakleaf
    • Other

Thank you for that explanation! That helps me a lot! I have a local distributor for the Nerds at 40 a box and it's about 90 mi. away, the Neon's I pay 28 though. Again, not the lowest price, but no shipping. So, until I can buy pallet, it will have to do I guess!

Ford and Oak Leaf quality are comparable (Oak Leaf was started by guys leaving Ford) so it's a Ford Versus Chevy kind of thing. Concord (Dubble Bubble) is the Yugo of the gum world, starts out hard, tastes bad, (compared to Ford and Oak Leaf) and doesn't last long.

I don't get my gum from Sams, I get it straight from Ford.

Ford Mason started manufacturing chewing ball gum in 1934 for exclusive sale through his Ford Distribution Network. Ford Gum was sold in 1969 to the Automatic Concessions Company and then to Leaf Brands in 1984. When Leaf sold to Hershey in 1996, the current management purchased the company.

The Oak Leaf plant was originally started by Ken Mcphail, also founder of Beaver. They were producing gum and in the mid 1960's the plant was sold to the Leaf Gum Company which started I believe around 1936. Again, Hershey took over this plant as well and sold it to Niagra Chocolate around 1996 the company was just recently sold to a foreign company called Chocolate Frey

• 1 year later...

Archived