My Intro

Beer980

I am new to the board and vending as well. My hours changed at work a year ago and I start at 3am now. I am usually done by 10am and have just been laying arround or going to the gym afterwards. Some days I would go to Panera's to use the free high speed internet. While surfing the local job boards a few months ago, trying to find a higher paying job for my wife, I clicked on the business op section. There was a nice ad for a local vending company that was for sale due to health problems. A 40 machine route for $4000 doing $500+ a month and that got me to thinking. So I spent a week researching the business and talked my wife into letting me do it. I figured it would fit perfectly into my work schedule. So I called the guy to see about buying it and he just sold the business that morning. I decided that I might as well just start one by myself and use less start up money. I now have six machines (3 new & 3 like new from Ebay) and about half my starting inventory of candy in our spare bedroom that I have converted into my office. I am the Sole Proprietor now of Sweet Mix Vending and here I am ready to go, finally. I am going to try the charity type but I think I will have some unavoidable commission places also. Right now my charity will be the local Humane Society as soon as I can get by and talk with them. For the commission stops I will have to wait until I can get some contracts.

tstrong

I am self diagnosed with selective OCD ;)

T Bird Johnny

Yes we are in the same boat and just about to put the paddle in the water. I will try this week to place a machine now that I have some candy to put into it. I have plenty of potential placements including an new mall set to open this spring that I have a contact for. For the mall I am thinking about a 4 foot spiral gumball machine. I just wanted to get everything lined up so I can concentrate on placements now that the candy is being shipped. First I bought some machines off Ebay then designed and printed my business cards. I registered my name, got a tax number and opened my business account this past week.

Way to go. You are definitely taking a good approach to getting your business going. You have a great schedule for it too. When I had my small route years ago I had a schedule that put me off work between 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on weekdays. It was a great schedule to get out and find locations and work on my business.

Welcome to the forum!

David