Commission vs Charity

T BIRD

Sometimes I think I am reading too much about vending. I have been receiving lots of information and many opinions about bulk and how to go about starting a business.

Jimbo was first person to throw the idea to me that because of where I live, commission may be the way to go for me.  It's a very good suggestion because where I live on Long Island is FULL of machines of all types.  And then I spoke with this gal about placing Dentyne machines and Superpros with a six month placement guarantee. So that got my eyes to open wide with that.  So......she will place 6 Dentyne and 1 Superpro machines and I will see how it goes.  In the meantime I will buy a NWestern double head on a stand w/ the cash and dash feature and check that machine out and see if Deb ( my wife ) and me like it and see if the cash and dash feature is worth it. 

A few people have suggested racks of some kind with a mix of toys, candy and tats etc. Down the line abit I will consider it.  What I am seriously considering though is placing doubles or triples ( 2 or 3 Series 60 machines not the trivend ) out there and offering a commission to place them.  No charity.  I would do most of those placements somehow.  (  I am still working a full time job from 9-5PM )  I can see my self being alot more comfortable placing commission machines than charity based ones.  I don't know.  ( as I scratch my head ) I just gotta remember to take all of this stuff " one day at a time " and not get too far ahead of myself.

Johnny, you can do both as the locations dictate. 

In your area, more important than commission or charity, is machine type. If you have existing bulk guys running  x you do y. I think you are already doing this by running the d ice.

When I walk into a potential location I am looking for what they need, Im not too concerned that they have stuff, it usually means the location is producing.

I have a great location that is a huge sports bar and club and when I got it there was 2 other bulk guys there, one running a 4 select the other a double and spiral. I almost walked away, the only products left I could run was hot tamale and chicle and do you know that location does 60-80 per month, I would have never thought that but, traffic=sales

Dont be scared of competition, use it to your advantage.

Jimbo

Thanks for the feedback Jimbo.  I will definitely look at what's being vended etc. in locations and take that advise and vend something different.  My Dentyne Ice machines were delivered to my house yesterday afternoon.......!:cool:  My first machine delivery but certainly not my last brothas and sistas!

Thanks for the feedback Jimbo.  I will definitely look at what's being vended etc. in locations and take that advise and vend something different.  My Dentyne Ice machines were delivered to my house yesterday afternoon.......!:cool:  My first machine delivery but certainly not my last brothas and sistas!

Good luck john, let us know how that d ice goes.

Jimbo