New to Vending and rough start!

mbVending

Hi,

My name is Michel (yes, I'm a guy...), I am located in Los Angeles and brand new to the vending business. I just received my 26 brand new machines from 1800Vending. They recommended that I use a locator, as a matter of fact they spoke very highly of a guy by the name of Philp Vernon. Has anybody used him or heard of him before?

My initial conversations with him were great! He sounded very professional and even though he was more expensive than the other company which was also recommended by 1800Vending ($100/location), I decided to hire him. He asked me to deposit half of his fee on his bank account in advance which I did (duh!) and ever since then the guy does not return my calls and never showed up for our 2,3 days locating contract!!! I have of course asked emailed him asking for an immediate refund and I hope he does it soon so that I don't have to sue him, which I would!

Anyway, I guess that's part of the learning curve of a business...Has anyone used a locator that they would recommend who doesn't do the job half fast and takes his/her time to find good money making locationS/

Thank you for your feedback!

Michel

Michel,

First off, Welcome to the site! I really wish you had found us sooner. $100 for a location, OUCH.

As a fellow vendor who has been burned by locators in the past, I can surely sympathize. I can recommend a great locator for you if you still want to go that route. Her name is Sonya with First Choice Locators. She telemarkets locations for you and is a POST PAY service. You don't have to pay a dime until your machine is on location and you are pleased with the placement.

We have a few locators here on the board if you check out both the locators advertisement section and the locator review section. Other than Sonya, I have heard good things about Ethical and Affirmative as well. I have yet to try them but the membership seems happy with them.

I wish you good fortune from here on out!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post an update about Philip Vernon. He took his sweet little time but after a few threatening emails of lawsuits and complaints to the BBB, I finally received a FULL REFUND. My experience with him was really bad and I still think this guy acted very unprofessionally and I would not recommend working him. Beyond that, I guess everyone is free to make their own assessment about him.

Is this Phillip Vernon an independent locator or does he work for one of the biz-ops? May be worth it to write up an honest review of his services in the locator review section.

Steve

• 1 year later...

Steve,

i am an independent locator

i own and operate vending routes,

and set up routes for others, mostly bulk vending (since 1986)

i have set up routes from 10 locations to 1750 locations.

i will assist others in setting up their vending route

when i work with others,

i will meet the client in person

i will teach the client how to access (find the big industry and big retail) the territory

while we are driving the territory

i will show them how to buy the most cost effective product in their area

when we have found an area to place their machines, i will take them home.

while at their house, i will show them how to service and repair their machine

i will then secure the locations needed for their machines, in person.

if the client has a desire to learn how to secure locations,

i will teach them the pitch

(what to say when standing in front of the person who can authorise the location)

and i will allow them to follow me in and out of each business as i secure their locations,

to see how to get to the person who can authorise the location.

once all the locations have been secured

i will meet with the client,

i will help them load the machines properly in the delivery vehicle.

(so there is no damage to the machines when delivering)

we will then deliver each machine to the location at which time the client is introduced.

i Find doing this with each client, there in no question about  quality of my service.

they will pay a deposit and do not pay the balance until all machines have been delivered

i will do everything possible to teach each client all i can,

to ensure they will be successful in the vending business.

respectfully

Phillip Vernon

Any newbies reading this post....make sure you read the negative reviews about Phillip Vernon before you think about giving him a dime.  He makes many claims here but the true reality is he does none of this.  He doesn't return calls, he doesn't honor any contract or agreements and sure in hell doesn't admit his mistakes or make things right as he will claim.

Think hard and twice before doing business with this crook.

Just a few tidbits, he will place multiple vendors on the same locations, he will not return calls for days or weeks, he will spend your deposit and when you want a refund....ha good luck getting that back.  Be wise, seek honest, ethical, and locators that have integrity.

newbies

yes

read all said about Phillip Vernon

also,

read what he has shared about the vending business

if you have a question on how to set up or service a bulk vending route

ask Phillip Vernon,

and find out exactly what you need to know, for free.

after all,

he does have 22years experience in setting up and servicing vending routes,

in 48 states

there may just be something he can help you with.

so yes,

read about Phillip Vernon

do yourself a favor.......read it all

ask a few questions

i think you will find he can help you,

and will be willing to, as a member of vendiscuss

.......for free

respectfully

Phillip Vernon

To all reading this thread

Check out Phillips MEGA negative reviews before even considering using him.

I just had another chat with someone last night for 2hrs on hour Phillip screwed them. Then tonight on the way home yet another person that can NOT get any evidence/documentation from Phillip on his supposed routes.  He won't even take the person into the place to see the machine.

SCAM SCAM.  With what I hear the last two day I see the new way he has been taking advantage of people.  Watch out for this him and avoid him at ALL costs.  You will lose with him.....GUARENTEED!!

His pitch is being slick.  He doesn't return calls.  He doesn't show up when he says.  The same issues I have been telling people is being told to me from others.  He is a habitual liar.  Every person I talked to also knew in there gut that he something wasn't right.  GO WITH THAT FEELING!!!  It is your instincts telling you he is dishonest.

Notice how he has to speak about himself in the third person.  He has no true supporters and plenty of negative reviews.

newbies

yes

read all said about Phillip Vernon

also,

read what he has shared about the vending business

ask Phillip Vernon,

after all,

he does have 22years experience in setting up and servicing vending routes,

in 48 states

there may just be something he can help you with.

so yes,

read about Phillip Vernon

do yourself a favor.......read it all

ask a few questions

and will be willing to, as a member of vendiscuss

.......for free

respectfully

Phillip Vernon

Phillip,

I don't know you from Adam.  There seems to be a few (or a lot) of people that are down on you.

Why do you think this is?  I know every business has it's customers that might not like them, but your

negative customers seem to be very diligent.  Why?  I know what it like to have mad customers.  I was in

the restaurant business for 18 years.  There is nothing like a Friday night shift that has gone to the dogs.

Your dining room can seat 220 people and 218 are pissed at you.  As a manager you walk into the dining room

and there is a target on your back.

BUT, most often then not I could swallow my pride and make many happy before they walk out the door. (FREE

CHEESECAKE was often the answer).  Are you willing to win over some of your attackers?

Blue

Blue Plate

That is the difference between you and Phillip.  You are/were a LEGIT business and truly offered to correct any problems or mistakes on your end and probably we man enough and had integrity to admit it.  Offering free cheese cake or comp'ing there meal I bet was done.

See Phillip has made tons of mistakes and does not own up to them or make them right.  As can be read the true correct thing to due would be to refund what he has not earned and ultimately at this point stolen from people.  I am not the only one he has done this too.  There are others.  He spent the money before he earned it.  Unlike your business, you did not have the money or spent it before you earned it.  He can't repay people, has no intentions of doing right only to avoid those he has ripped off.

Again as has been said many times...he is NOT honest, moral, ethical, or have any integrity.  You as a true business owner or manager did.  Two totally different people and situations.

ask Phillip Vernon,

Phillip,

What can you do that can not be had by any other locators who are members or sponsers of this forum?  What is it that you think sets you apart from all those other locators who the members here are happy with?