Best 60 days in the last two years

Poplady1

I hope this continues.  We have had a wonderful two months.  Our vendors have closed large accounts with 22 machines, medium accounts will full banks of machines, schools, resorts and INDUSTRIAL accounts.  It looks like the big boys/girls are back. Pepsi and Coke are pulling out of the school contracts right and left.  Independent vendors are stepping up, learning the rules of Healthy Vending and how they can make money in that market.  It is exciting again.  We have seen this from Georgia to California. 

I will caution many of you.  We continue to pick up large accounts because the current vendor increased pricing and did not speak to management.  We go in at the higher price and they lose the business.  So be careful in that area.  This week we picked up two Mfg accounts with 100 plus employees.  Both were lost because the vendor went from .65 to .75 on cans.  We fully agree the price needed changing but they just did it without talking to the GM. 

But other than that its been a good busy around here and I hope you are all seeing the skies brighten.

Blue Moose

I dont fully understand why the management of the location needs to be asked before rasieing prices,do they split the expenses with you?

I have an even harder time understanding why they kick someone else out for raiseing prices but let you in with the higher prices,that makes even less sense to me.

In corporations the GM (General Manager) or HR head normally handles the vending program.  All of the vending issues are handled by that person or position.  When the vendor gets the approval to install the equipment normally those are the key positions that approve the installation.  If something goes wrong with the vending machines they are the contact that works with the company to straighten out the problem.  When there is a pricing change there will be a lot of employees that complain to that person or position.  It makes them look out of touch or not in control of the program.  They want to be the one that send out a memo or email stating the pricing change, why it was necessary and when to expect the increase to be implemented.

It really comes down to respect.  That GM or HR head put their neck on the line when they accepted your bid for vending services.  They expect that you will let them know of any upcoming changes or new products available.

Blue Moose