Eddie Bauer Rocks! Machine in corn field overflows....

dsimms

I have to compliment Eddie Bauer on this location that he got me. I personally,

did not think it would do good at all. The location was out in the middle of

a corn field in a small auto shop. I serviced the machine one week early, as

I did not think it would do any good, and it would not hurt to see what was

going on with the machine. I opened the back of the machine, and I never

thought I would see the quaters stop flowing out...I thought it had an easy

$20 in the machine, when I got to $20 ... I was still counting...

the cornfield autoshop (3 man crew) did $51.25 in 3 weeks...I think this location is

going to be one of my best locations, if i had not have run out

of PMM, I think it would have done an easy $70-75

I hope eddie can keep finding me locations like this...

You should give Eddie Bauer a go around...

http://www.eddiebauervending.com/

Don't want to be the one to rain on your party but in my experience a location like this will begin to slow in 6 months or less. Typically this will occur as the newness of the machine begins to wear. I often hear them say that they "decided to get smart" and bring their favorite candy in on their own.

Don't want to be the one to rain on your party but in my experience a location like this will begin to slow in 6 months or less. Typically this will occur as the newness of the machine begins to wear. I often hear them say that they "decided to get smart" and bring their favorite candy in on their own.

Of course there is always that chance...why dont we just all close up shop now because of that.

I doubt anyone person in the shop is going to spring for candy for everyone else, and it would

cost them a bundle to do so...but a quater here and there for instant candy, they will not miss.

I can not be negative like some of you guys...if it does not work out in the future, then I

keep moving forward...but right now, I will get what I can get from the location, and in the

end, if nothing else, it paid for itself, and the candy being there, and maybe plus some.

Hey, I said something positive :)

yes you did... I went back today, and changed out a product

on their request..pulled out an another $2.00 - seems they

are hitting the PMM and M&I pretty good...I know good things

are not going to last forever...even if it lasts a few months, and

I hope it lasts longer, it will indeed pay for itself.'

Look, you've got a great loc. One of 2 things will happen...it will reduce to about 50% of what is is now. If that happens, so what? It will still be a great loc.

Or, you'll have what a few around here call a Gravy Location. For example, I have an Olive Garden that averages $90/mo. I've had it for a year.

And I have another location that is just over a year old. It did about $70/mo when I first got it. Now it does $35. Am I upset it doesn't do $70? Sure...but I'll take $35/mo from a loc any day.

Bottom line, either way, this will be a good loc.

Kevin

Look, you've got a great loc. One of 2 things will happen...it will reduce to about 50% of what is is now. If that happens, so what? It will still be a great loc.

Tru dat!

I have this one location.  It was my very best location.  It did a consistant $60+ a month in single gumballs.  Then one day they moved it from the prime location near the door to a little alcove off the lobby.  The income dropped to about $25 a month.

I was severely bummed but I didn't say a darn thing to anybody.  Before I aquired that location, I had tried a few times and they said no.  Then I had a locator try it and they secured the location and I was totally surprised.  So I was not about to complain and make waves about where the machine sat in the lobby when it still makes as much as it does.

to be honest, I thought it would be a dud location from the start...when I

went over, I was expecting to see maybe $5-10 at best in the machine...

I was surprised when I seen $50...it has already surpassed my expectations...

even if it drops to $20-25/mo - I still have no problem as I did not expect it

to do good to begin with, even so, I am still out to add more locations...

I went back over today to change a product out as per their request,

there was another $2.00 in the machine, they have been hitting

the PMM and M&I's pretty good, and all I can do is hope that it

will continue to do good.

why not just sell your bulk route?

I am in the process of trying to move it down the road but its pretty hard to get a serious buyer for a route of its size. I am not in a position to give the route away, I have detailed books for the last 3 years and it is a proven money maker with some excellent accounts that are well established, not to mention zero charity locations and zero commission locations. Money talks and nobody has any to part with.

• 2 weeks later...