DI wheel

Vendingguy

;) FYI

According to what I have have heard from SuperPro, they are working on a deal that will sell the wheel to dispense the dentyne ice in other machines besides the single head blue one that is offered now.

It is my understanding, that they have had a large response of vendors who want to use the dentyne Ice in there current machines, but have no interest in purchasing additional machines for this gum.

I don't know if this is going to be offered for the SuperPro tri-vend only, or other machines, but it looks like they believe they can increase there sales by selling the wheels and gum..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) FYI

According to what I have have heard from SuperPro, they are working on a deal that will sell the wheel to dispense the dentyne ice in other machines besides the single head blue one that is offered now.

It is my understanding, that they have had a large response of vendors who want to use the dentyne Ice in there current machines, but have no interest in purchasing additional machines for this gum.

I don't know if this is going to be offered for the SuperPro tri-vend only, or other machines, but it looks like they believe they can increase there sales by selling the wheels and gum..

Now -THAT- is good news.

They are also talking about painting a superpro dentyne blue, so it can offer dentyne in one side, certs in the other, and some sort of mystery meat in the other...........I'm scared to see the price on this one. 

But, I believe the good news will actually come from offering different wheels to support the dentyne and certs.......You'll still have to buy the gum from them at $27 for a 3lb bag, but that 3lbs bag, but from what I have seen, you'll make $90-$110 per bag.

Man, I really need to start proof-reading.....I believe you get the picture though, but I believe I am typing faster than my brain will allow......

They are also talking about painting a superpro dentyne blue, so it can offer dentyne in one side, certs in the other, and some sort of mystery meat in the other...........I'm scared to see the price on this one. 

But, I believe the good news will actually come from offering different wheels to support the dentyne and certs.......You'll still have to buy the gum from them at $27 for a 3lb bag, but that 3lbs bag, but from what I have seen, you'll make $90-$110 per bag.

• 3 weeks later...

A few clarifying points on the Dentyne Ice gum and wheels:

- The $27 price was for second bags and was offered through a subsidy promotion from Cadbury Adams (Mfr of the gum). SuperPro is continuing an aggressive promo of their own.

-  There are approx. 480-500 servings per bag, which results in $120-$125 in revenue per bag

- The gum retains it's freshness for at least one year in a sealed bag and for at least 6 months after it's opened

- SuperPro will sell the gum without a machine purchase. This is not a Biz Op deal.  You don't necessarily need the DI wheel to vend through other machines. Many operators are using the 1.1 capsules and their existing capsul wheels. As this is also a more "sanitary" vend, it has helped increase sales in locations frequented by females (health clubs/ fitness centers, salons, etc.) who tend to be more sensitive  about this. SuperPro will provide decals, including a nutrition label, for free.

Interesting. So........using a 1.1 capsule wheel can do the trick obviously because two pieces are tucked into each capsule which the vendor must manually pack etc. I wonder how time consuming that can be.

Someone had mentioned something about the DI wheel being placed in another manufacturer's machine and working ok. I think it was the NorthWest 60 Series.   I am very curious to why it would not work in an A&A Global Elite machine or an A&A PN95 machine? I am going to try and vend DI out of the candy wheel in my Elite machine. It has 6 adjustments.  Maybe I can luck out and get it to vend 2 pieces?  What do you think folks?  I love the product ( DI ) but I love my Elites over the DI machine.

The DI wheel should work in the Northwestern using the DI wheel and the MWestern riser. To my knowledge, the wheel hasn't been tested yet in the A&A Elites. Also, the shallow Beaver wheel on the smallest setting has proven to vend a consistent 2 pieces.

As for the capsules, it takes about an hour to transfer the gum from the bag to the capsules.  You'll have about 480-500 capsules ready to go. Something to do while watching Monday night football... 

Thanks for the info Polecat.  I may buy a DI wheel and try it in  an Elite machine and see what happens. If I can not, then I have a choice to wait for Superpro to come out with a DI wheel that will work or use the 1.1 capsule wheel. I gotta price capsules.  I am not sure how much they run and where to buy.  With an Elite and the capsule set up, I think it would still come out cheaper for me than with a DI machine which makes me happy so that I can expand the DI more readily.

A few clarifying points on the Dentyne Ice gum and wheels:

- The $27 price was for second bags and was offered through a subsidy promotion from Cadbury Adams (Mfr of the gum). SuperPro is continuing an aggressive promo of their own.

-  There are approx. 480-500 servings per bag, which results in $120-$125 in revenue per bag

- The gum retains it's freshness for at least one year in a sealed bag and for at least 6 months after it's opened

- SuperPro will sell the gum without a machine purchase. This is not a Biz Op deal.  You don't necessarily need the DI wheel to vend through other machines. Many operators are using the 1.1 capsules and their existing capsul wheels. As this is also a more "sanitary" vend, it has helped increase sales in locations frequented by females (health clubs/ fitness centers, salons, etc.) who tend to be more sensitive  about this. SuperPro will provide decals, including a nutrition label, for free.

Polecat, I'm unable to find the DI wheel listed anywhere on the website.  Did you get this info just from speaking with them directly?  Is the wheel available right now?  What's the cost?

Thanks!

-Lucero

You can contact SuperPro at (800) 288-0958. Ask for Steve. (Mention your membership on this board when you call...). The email address is steve@superprovending.com.

Thanks for the contact info, polecat.  Does that mean you're not sure, or that you were asked not to post it or.... ?? 

The DI wheel should work in the Northwestern using the DI wheel and the MWestern riser. To my knowledge, the wheel hasn't been tested yet in the A&A Elites. Also, the shallow Beaver wheel on the smallest setting has proven to vend a consistent 2 pieces.

As for the capsules, it takes about an hour to transfer the gum from the bag to the capsules.  You'll have about 480-500 capsules ready to go. Something to do while watching Monday night football... 

Did you mean to say NWestern riser or is it MWestern riser? Thanks.

I am hoping I will luck out trying the DI wheel on the A&A.  When I look at the parts available to buy from A&A it states the parts are for the Elite and NW 60 Series models.So that tells me they are interchangeable I think. I have an extra riser from a NW machine.  But I also have a riser coming in the mail to me that belongs on a A&A candy wheel.  I will post my results for everyone.

Yes I do. 

But to clarify - my involvement to this point has been to help answer questions and address issues - somewhat anonymously - so that the information would not be seen as biased or as an underhanded attempt to sell.  You'll notice from my posts there have been no attempt to sell the product or or in anyway promote DI under false pretenses.   I'm aware this happens frequently with other companies, but I believe our customers who also participate on this board would agree that that's not how we conduct business.

I had hoped to officially introduce myself before now,  but have been waiting to do so until Steve (Caserri) received his machine (which should be today).  Also, Steve and I have been exchanging idea's on a member promotion that we hope to introduce soon.  In the meantime, I've tried to keep my posts limited to specific questions and/or  to clarify certain assumptions.  Simple as that, no hidden agenda - promise. 

Now that I'm officially "out"  - good to meet you all.  I look forward to continued participation on the board (and for what it's worth, I also operate a bulk route that I work with my daughters, so I've enjoyed learning from many of you...).

Best,

Polecat

aka Steve Petersen, Pres., SuperPro Vending Group   

Yes I do. 

But to clarify - my involvement to this point has been to help answer questions and address issues - somewhat anonymously - so that the information would not be seen as biased or as an underhanded attempt to sell.  You'll notice from my posts there have been no attempt to sell the product or or in anyway promote DI under false pretenses.   I'm aware this happens frequently with other companies, but I believe our customers who also participate on this board would agree that that's not how we conduct business.

I had hoped to officially introduce myself before now,  but have been waiting to do so until Steve (Caserri) received his machine (which should be today).  Also, Steve and I have been exchanging idea's on a member promotion that we hope to introduce soon.  In the meantime, I've tried to keep my posts limited to specific questions and/or  to clarify certain assumptions.  Simple as that, no hidden agenda - promise. 

Now that I'm officially "out"  - good to meet you all.  I look forward to continued participation on the board (and for what it's worth, I also operate a bulk route that I work with my daughters, so I've enjoyed learning from many of you...).

Best,

Polecat

aka Steve Petersen, Pres., SuperPro Vending Group   

Steve,

It's nice to have a vendor aboard that is open minded enough to participate in a forum with his customers and facilitate direct and open communication.  Thanks for 'coming-out' :)

-Lucero

tstrong:

The Di wheel does not fit in the Oak. There are several operators who have modified their Oak wheel to vend a pretty consistent 2- piece serving, however.  You also have the capsule option, which has proven to increase vends when sold in locations where the "sanitary" issue is more of a concern when buying a consumable product (salons, health clubs, medical facilities, etc.).  We are hoping to create a solution for the wheel to be more universal and will report on that if successful.

Steve, spvg

T-bird - thanks for the kind words. It's been enjoyable working with you also...

Welcome polecat aka Steve

polecat wrote:

The DI wheel should work in the shallow Beaver wheel on the smallest setting has proven to vend a consistent 2 pieces.

I run Beavers and I'm also a newbie, what's a shallow Beaver Wheel, can you ship to Canada?  If we can make all this work I would be interested in a few cases of product. Most of my route is in adult oriented locations, breakrooms and such.

Grumpy