DN 440 Issues. NEED HELP.

jetskijr

Hi all new member here, bought my business this august.  Have adapted really to maintenance issues, however I just encountered a problem w/ a DN 440.  Serviced the machine yesterday and when I was closing it up I tested it and nothing.  Coin drops straight to return tray bill validator not working Coinco BA30.  Replaced bill validator still nothing and coin mech is full.  When I unplug and replug unit it will accept coin but not dispense product.  Bill validator will not work after unplug and replug.  Guy I bought business has been an excellent mentor but he is on vacation PLEASE HELP.

This is a single price machine? Symptoms describe the follwoing

1) jammed column. Is the use correct change light on? If a column is out of sync the power cannot go where it needs to.

2)Switch off selection button. Did you happen to change any labels?

3)Vend relay. You can open it up gently and burnish up the contacts and see if you can get ot working again. If so the replace it, they are cheap enough

Thought aqbout replacing the coin mech but wasnt sure.  If it dispenses coins manually does it still need replacing?  As far as jammed i checked it out and it is ok.  will double check for jammed product Thanks for the replies.

I worked with Cott Vending at one time and they have some of the best on line instruction sheets.  Check this pdf file for your DN 440.  www.cott.com/content/pdf/DN440.ppt

If it doesn't open, copy it and paste it into your browser.  I think you might want to print this out and carry it with you in your service manual.

Blue Moose

Thanks for the replies.  I am out of town so i had the wife check machine for jammed product and sure enough there was a water bottle jammed.  she removed all water to indicate empty column tested machine again after unplugging,  accepted dollar but again no product.  Mentor will be back tomorrow so i hope he can get machine up and running as i will be out till friday.  In the mean time have provided location w/ about 20 free drinks first night and have supplied w/ bottled water figuring spending 15.00 on a few cases was easier than possibly losing an account.  Anyone ever done this before and was it effective at pleasing customers.  On a side note funny how fast the free sodas went as they were all gone when I returned the next morning to try to fix machine.  I know we would never have sold 20 drinks in a 15 hour period had machine been working.