would you place at a location that has LOTs of machines already?

zanygames

Hey,

I just dropped off my NCCS machine at a KS location.  It's a Mexican Restaurant / Mexican Groc. store of sorts.

I paid to place a thipple but there are two other tripples already there.  There was also two, two head machines and one single head machine.  So I placed a set of NW 60's there on a stand.  I have 1" gumballs in one, which is already in one of the other machine but looked old, and skittles in my second NW 60, which is already in one of the tripples there.  

Part of me thinks there are way to many machines, I have never seen that many all lined up.

Then part of me thinks they might be there for a reason.

Is this worth my $52 placement fee?

The only thing I thought of is going back and changing one of my heads out to do toys.  Two of the other machines in there do 1" toys but I could offer some different toy items.  

Or I could offer a rack on commission (I would have to buy one) if the guy cleans all these other machines out of there.  It's just a mess currently in there.

Steve

I have rejected locations because of how many machines were there. if you think you can pull the rack idea though, it might be worth the marker. if its not, sounds like its replaceable (platinum). regardless, if you have already dropped it off, its done. wait and see how it does.....

Steve,

Great question and let me address your concern.

Mexican restaurants often do have many machines as do a lot of other restaurants.

However, I can tell you that Mexican restaurants are some of the absolute best performers.  Hispanics are in the habit of paying in cash and often have change.  They always bring their kids in with them too.  

Toys and gumballs are where it's at.  I think you may find multiple machines at these locations but few people that service their machines regularly and keep them clean.  In these locations the more the better.  It's like a mini attraction inside the restaurant.

Best of luck my friend.  We're always here if you ever do need a replacement as well.  Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

Hey, Rob,

Thanks.

There is a mexican place right next to my house that I have been trying to get into for years, but it's super nice and packed and they have two single heads but do not want anymore machines :(.

So I figure even with this one I dropped off today being more of a groc. store and with 11 heads already there and my two head making it 13 heads, maybe I can get my foot in the door at this place and get some toys in this here and  see how they do.  I left a two head NW 60 so at least I have a spot and will try some different products when I get some in.

Steve

My 2-cents:

The silver lining to there being lots of machines is that you can count on that large number of machines to get the kids' attention. No chance they won't know you are there.

Stock the right product and kids will put quarters in your machine.

Keep your machine cleaner and more attractive than the others and their parents will encourage their kids buy what you have rather than from a dirty/unattractive machine regardless of your product..

Maybe those LED lights would work for you here (there's a seperate thread going on right now about LED lights in bulk machines). Maybe you can try a leader-item. Mix in some .50 items in your .25 machine or two-for-one gumballs.

Either way, the large # of machines will help get the kids in front of your machine...from there, it's up to you, your machine's cleanliness/appearance, and your product to earn their quarter.

In today's business environment (regardless of what industry you're in) you can't shy away from competition...and that's all those other machines are.