Sticker/Tattoo Machines?

West Coast Vend LLC

I have an opportunity to place a couple of sticker/tattoo machines in two different locations. Since I haven't tried them yet, I need more information from folks out there that have them in operation now.

1. Are they worth it?

2. What size is best?    2, 3, 4 Columns?

3. What sells better- stickers or tattoo's?

Thanks for the information.

Gary

I have an opportunity to place a couple of sticker/tattoo machines in two different locations. Since I haven't tried them yet, I need more information from folks out there that have them in operation now.

1. Are they worth it?

2. What size is best?    2, 3, 4 Columns?

3. What sells better- stickers or tattoo's?

Thanks for the information.

Gary

That's kind of like asking gumballs or chicle.

Yes, you can make money with stickers.  IT's just finding the right sticker/tattoo to vend.  YOur average cost per vend is .12+-.  If you get the right ones, you can blow through 300 in a month. up until recently, I've run stickers at .50, I've got them at .75 now.

Again, the right product in the right area.

consistant favorites in my area:  Smileys, Ultra tattoo classics, "tramp stamps" Lower back tattoos, Cool ovals, happy bunny.

Hanna Montana does pretty good right now, 3 years ago Christina Aguilara, Jessica Simpson and What-ser-face that can't seem to keep her panties on were still hot.

Keep in mind what the area demographic and traffic is.  I wouldn't run happy bunny in a Chucky Cheese.  I'd think really hard about running Disney babbies in a bowling alley.

As far as machines, I have run 4 and 6 columns up until just recently.  They give a good choice and have a strong presence.

I've got a 2 column right now and while tattoos are selling well, Disney isn't so hot.  It's mostly a teen crowd, I"ll swap in a more teen oriented sticker next go-round.

LIke anything else bulk, buy good equipment.  There's nothing more frustrating than a sticker jam.

Thanks John.

I knew I would get good advice from you. I was thinking the same thing about picking the right stickers or tattoos. That's a lot of money to tie-up if you pick the wrong mix. It's even worse than candy because where do you go with them if there not selling. I would go with $.50 since most that are around here are that price. I'll wait to hear from a few more folks before I do anything.

Thanks again.

Gary

I have been running a 3 col Advance sticker machine on all the racks that I have out.  Farmer is right in that you have to make sure you have the right stuff for the right location.  Here in the mid-west, folks love football.  I go through cases of NFL stickers and football cards in sleeves.   Some suppliers of tatts and stickers are:

www.2flatline.com

www.vendynamics.com

www.VsiArt.com

www.brandimports.com

There are a whole bunch more like  "Allstar"  "TJ King" etc.

Tatts do sell all year round.  Certain stickers will do well, but they rarely sell as well as Tatts.  Stickers and Tatts do add a lot of quarters to my racks.  I don't set up any racks without one of those machines on them.

Tee

Gary,  It should not take you that much money to fill up a 3 col. sticker machine.  You will need to get three different varieties of tatts or stickers.  They run around $25.00 per box. (don't forget to get the displays also).  VSI will send you displays free.  You don't have to fill each col. to the top.  For about $100.00 you should be able to have 3 machines ready to vend.  Spend $200.00 and you can rotate stuff between machines and you will get a lot of same customer repeat business.

Sticker/Tatts sell just like any other vending product, where the location is good and there is good foot traffic.  My best location, a truck stop, will do about $250.00 per month.  My other locations probably do an average of  $35  to  $45 per month.  You never know though.  I good tatt comes out or the NFL cards and stickers come out and the average could easily double.

Keep in mind, I'm in the middle of no where, not a lot of population out this way.  Plan on larger cash numbers for locations in larger areas.  In the picture is a two col Advance sticker machine in a coffee shop.  That one does about $40.00 each month.  The kids really liked the sugar tats and High School musical.

Tee

• 1 year later...

I have been running a 3 col Advance sticker machine on all the racks that I have out.  Farmer is right in that you have to make sure you have the right stuff for the right location.  Here in the mid-west, folks love football.  I go through cases of NFL stickers and football cards in sleeves.   Some suppliers of tatts and stickers are:

http://www.2flatline.com

http://www.vendynamics.com

http://www.VsiArt.com

http://www.brandimports.com

There are a whole bunch more like  "Allstar"  "TJ King" etc.

Tatts do sell all year round.  Certain stickers will do well, but they rarely sell as well as Tatts.  Stickers and Tatts do add a lot of quarters to my racks.  I don't set up any racks without one of those machines on them.

Tee

tee,what type of machine is your sticker machine?

From my talk with A&A yesterday, most of the tattoos were 30$ for a box of 300. The display ran 85 cents to 2 dollars.

I love your name for the lower back stickers farmer, my wife thinks of them the same way. She scowls at me when I say I plan to get some, but there are ALOT of teenage girls here, and I will press hard to get the machine located in the gym with the swimming pool.

I don't have any machines out there vending stickers, but in a few months I will have a tiny bit of experience to rely on.